• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sorry if I was didn't make myself clear.   What I meant was can  a place like the landing make a living from the people who come to the higher end resorts and want to go out to eat?  

Clearly Ludlow's has a target market and does very well with it.  Whether that same target market can sustain the landing is another question.   Seems like maybe not...  

I still wonder why they don't put the menu online.... In this day and age,  I am used to checking out a place online before walking in the door.  

• 3 months later...

Latest Landing gossip......

First hearing in trial was july 25th.   Judge took motions under advisement.

In the mean time, since none of the locals would work there, they imported a bunch of people on H2b visas as seasonal workers and put them up in a little house in Cook.  Charging them $285 per month.  Like 20 people in the house.  

Now many have quit and found other jobs, and some also found other places to live.   They have to hang on since they need to wait until their scheduled airplane tickets.. which they also had to pay for.  

That's the news from the Laundromat.... Believe it or so what.

I have only been there a few times, but that doesn't make any sense based on my visits.  

1 hour ago, OhioVike said:

I have only been there a few times, but that doesn't make any sense based on my visits.  

This year?   It is new this year....

Apparently a lot of businesses are having trouble hiring seasonal employees.

This post is turning into an 80's  TJ HOOKER episode!

To fun to turn off an so bad it needs to be made fun of.

: )

Strip.jpg.png

AAAAAAAAABOLO.png

AAAAAAAAAAARGU.jpg

Huck.jpg

KID.jpg

• Yayyyy 1

Sorry, don't remember TJ Hooker.  Besides I make it a practice to avoid hookers....  (rim shot)

• Thumbs Up 1

I had lunch there a couple of days ago.

Great service and good food! I did not see any illegal type aliens there at that time! :P

Cliff

1 hour ago, Cliff Wagenbach said:

I had lunch there a couple of days ago.

Great service and good food! I did not see any illegal type aliens there at that time! :P

Cliff

These are legal aliens.  Glad you enjoyed your lunch.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/19/2017 at 5:39 PM, delcecchi said:

This year?   It is new this year....

Apparently a lot of businesses are having trouble hiring seasonal employees.

Yeah. July and August. No migrant workers in plain sight.  

TJ Hooker. Was Heather Thomas in that one?

Ahhh, I looked it up and realized it was Heather Locklear. Heather Thomas was on The Fall Guy. I liked that show better even though it didn't have Captain Kirk.

What were we talking about? The Landing?

• Yayyyy 1

Skunked.  Reruns on late nite so watch Hooker for laughs. Never saw it much in 1983. Shatter is Kirk as Hooker. To fun. He an his three self trained rookies are the answer to everything  the only squad with action an Hooker solves every case by end of show ending with a real dramatic line an stop action shot  acting is really bad but fun. City neeeds Hooker an he an crew kick it into high gear. Real 80's corn. Locklear n James Darren an Adrain Zmed prove trying to act is not hard but acting is. Total fun an totally predictable. Best lure I been use in is a simple black buck tail an a huge ol red n white spoon. Wallys like my raps dragged on a 2oz bottom bouncer an pike for some reason been eating my worms on a floaty. Smaller are a hoot an my Hounds love the action. Speaking of action. I have never seen a show with as much running in it as TJ Hooker. Ol Capt. Kirk is always on the go. "You call it in. I'll get'nm". "I want him bad. Ya hear. BAD".   :  ). I sure miss my pup Moe Rock. Bummer so this is a treat. Keep on rocken!  Fish on. T

Told my wife I wanted to watch hooker.... 

she said " you aren't watching any hookers while I'm around"  

rim shot.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 2

• 1 year later...

Lets  "stir the pot"..... Heard from a very reliable source that "The Landing" has been sold!  I've met the newer owners before, going to be interesting!

Interesting... I wonder who.  I looked at the listing and it seemed like a lot of money (asked) for a defunct business with a bad reputation and no assets.  

But I guess we will see.  

If true I know many people that will jump up and support the new ownership group. I stopped and had a couple of beers and some wings 2 years ago and it was totally out of line for my pricing. Made only 2 more stops after that. They did have a good burger.

Edited by Sorgy
cleaned up a spelling error

On 11/29/2018 at 8:58 AM, Cherokee Ref said:

I'm gonna need more popcorn. This might get good!

Not from me.   I used to like the landing before whatever happened, happened.    I think it was another "soak the tourists" scheme that didn't work out but really don't know.    I hope the kids that were brought in from wherever to be workers are treated better by the new folks.  Maybe they will even be able to hire locals.    

Whatever happened with the lawsuit from those servers?   Is that still going on?  

2 hours ago, Raven77 said:

Just hoping that we have a successful, enjoyable bar/restaurant on the west end!

Me too!  How come your house isn't on the lake yet?

I’m hearing that the new owners of moosebirds are possibly the new owners of the landing. 

18 minutes ago, Raven77 said:

I need to get on that Bill!

Heard the same rumor bassbouncer.  That would be good news.

I'm going to give it a try tomorrow in my area.  Torn between muzzy hunting and fishing. Neighbor was out last wknd, got a few crappies.  5" to 6" of ice out there. A sled went by on the lake earlier today.                                                                 Good luck to the new owners!

I talked with the new owner of Moosebirds a few weeks ago, and he mentioned that he and his business partner were buying the Boat House (same current/previous owner of the Landing) which is a big rental cabin on the north side of Head O Lakes. I can't imagine they're buying the Landing too...who knows though.

That Boat House place has been on the market, at least off and on, for years.   Far out.

3 hours ago, Big V Bobcat said:

I talked with the new owner of Moosebirds a few weeks ago, and he mentioned that he and his business partner were buying the Boat House (same current/previous owner of the Landing) which is a big rental cabin on the north side of Head O Lakes. I can't imagine they're buying the Landing too...who knows though.

It's correct info from what I've heard.  Did he give you any info on his business plan?

Edited by CigarGuy

1 hour ago, CigarGuy said:

It's correct info from what I've heard.  Did he give you any info on his business plan?

No, but my guess would be to scoop A LOT of ice cream.

52 minutes ago, Big V Bobcat said:

No, but my guess would be to scoop A LOT of ice cream.

I did a back of the envelope calculation about the revenue from Moosebirds ice cream and was pretty amazed.   If the actual is anything like what my estimate was, ice cream been berry berry good to Moosebirds...

I hope the new folks have the good eye for souvies that sue had.  She did a great job getting stuff for the store...

• 5 weeks later...

Any update on the landing?   Are there new owners?  Are they open?   Are they selling snowmobile gas again?     

Thanks in advance.