• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Navionics ? again

eyeguy 54

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

can the markers be in alphabetical order?

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Not yet. Makers and Tracks by entered order.

Routes by date and distance sort.

alpha would sure be sweet ! 

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:40 AM, eyeguy 54 said:

alpha would sure be sweet ! 

Email communicated with Navionics, Alpha sort on tracks and markers along with being able to share your private markers (pin) and tracks longitude/latitude  app to app with friends in development. No commitment for completion date. In the mean time, you can sorta organize markers. Go to desired lake, in the upper left corner click on the magnifying glass (Search). Click on markers and starting with the closest marker, your markers will be listed starting with the closest distance from the center of you selected map. Another neat search is lakes. All the lakes starting with the one closest to the map you selected will be listed. Clicking on the lake with take you to that lake.

If you want a hard copy of the markers by distance order, you need to do a screen print of the listing.

Search very up left corner button

Screenshot_20170104-142822 (500x800).jpg

Search List Marker first one Lakes last one

Screenshot_20170104-142252 (500x800).jpg

Markers organized closest to longest distance from the map I selected

Screenshot_20170104-145043 (500x800).jpg

@eyeguy 54 has to many spots marked it's time to share them

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, monstermoose78 said:

pretty rare I use the ap.  kills my battery.  might need a new battery

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

@monstermoose78 Marker Coon 20 one with the fish as marker.

"Sharing" 10 to 12 inchers.

Sharing.jpg

@eyeguy 54 Power drain is due to GPS chip in Phone. Get one of the cell phone power banks at 22,000 mAh $40. Most cell phones have 2500 mAh batteries. Full Cell Battery recharge 5 or 6 times. Also turn the Boating App off when not in use.

https://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Portable-22000mAh-Li-polymer-Smartphones/dp/B01G1XH46M/ref=zg_bs_7073960011_7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AH2T3A9DEY404ZZAY1HD

• Thumbs Up 1

whats the boating ap?

I  have a morhie case and a 6000 mah.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Boating App is the name of the Navionics map.

boating app logo.png

Didn't realize you had the charging case. Is it a iPhone 6?

so put it on sonar instead of navinoics?  

to save battery?

• Thumbs Up 1

@eyeguy 54 you need to fully shut down the Navionics Boating app. If not, GPS keeps running along with Tracks if tracks are turned on. You need to get to this screen and hit [OK]. Not sure how to close an app on iPhone, on Android keep hitting back button.

Boating shut down (450x800).jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

well color me lost

it doesnt kill my battery unless its on. I just swipe it off when not using. 

I always manage to turn a track on by accident, get home and put it on the charger at night, get to work the next day and down to 50% battery.  Open the app and have a history of my track home from the lake and to work, doh!  

Also, if you have the latest iOS on iPhone you can go to Settings -> Battery and see what has been using your battery last 24 hours, and last few days which I've found handy occasionally.

Edited by AaronTC05
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, busse3775 said:

@papadarv You know if Navionics will ever allow you to have more than 100 markers? I am at 100 and can't save anymore now.

@busse_3775 Don't know for sure but give me a few days to find out. It will be after my Ottertail trip this weekend. What might be a suggested manageable Limit?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, ZachD said:

Can I not see your marker on the web app?

No, Web App only gives you the Navionics contours. Markers, Routes, Tracks, community edits and SonarChart contours are only available on the Mobile app you get from the App Store for iso or Play Store on Android phones. U.S. region is $9.95 first year $4.95 annual renewal. SonarChart are the contours created by users with Sonarchart Live recording real time contours with WiFi and other Sonar units. (Vex, RayMarine, Lawrence etc)

On 1/9/2017 at 2:55 PM, busse3775 said:

@papadarv You know if Navionics will ever allow you to have more than 100 markers? I am at 100 and can't save anymore now.

:omg: a 100 markers?! That is awesome! I guess I'd never have that issue, but it's great to know navionics will let users have 100 markers. I enjoy the app and use it often. Happy fishing.

Not sure if I just had a bug or if it was from the recent update but you can have an unlimited amount of markers, tracks, and routes now!

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Big A said:

:omg: a 100 markers?! That is awesome! I guess I'd never have that issue, but it's great to know navionics will let users have 100 markers. I enjoy the app and use it often. Happy fishing.

As per @busse_3775 the 100 limit appeared to be a glitch in his app. The number of Markers, Routes and Tracks are unlimited.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 3:18 PM, eyeguy 54 said:

@eyeguy 54 Good news, Navionics released today Android Boating App and Boating HD App 8.4.1. Included in the release is the ability to sort Markers, Tracks and Routes you inquired about last December. Took a bit of time but now available. Suggest anyone using the Navionics boating apps, download and install the latest version from Google Play.

Make sure "Sync My Data" In Menu>>>System>>Sync my data is checked before you do the update which insures the Markers, Tracks and Routes are loaded into the new version.

Screen shot of some of my Name sorted Markers. And yes, the app worked great in the Gulf of Mexico on my April Florida Trip. You can google the 2 fla buoys  which are linked wireless to give live seas, temp wind etc. info. about 30 miles off-shore near one of the fishing spots we did.

59853dc7dfb62_Rel8.4.1MarkerNameSort.thumb.png.a0d6c5b896426fd2d5d5a0728b560f5c.png

Rel 8.4.1 Marker Date Sort.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I noticed a little while ago that they all popped in order. nice :)