• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New years on the ice

ZachD

So who is going to ring in the new year the right way?

What are your plans and what are you going to be fishing for?

We are going to go up to my Fiancées cabin on Long lake in Longville for new years it is going to be her and I my uncle her dad cousin and cousins girlfriend. Her dad has a four wheeler and me and my uncle are bringing our sleds.. We will be running and gunning in search of crappies.

Cant think of a better way to say hello to 2017 than that :boom:

• Thumbs Up 3

Dude that sounds like an amazing New Year's Eve.  I'll be home drinking some PBR's and watching fishing videos after the old lady lays out lol. 

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I will be on da same ice cause I need some self care!

Taking the g/f to the big pond for the weekend in a rented sleeper. Hopefully some New Years night walleyes! Ring in the new year on rattle reels!

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, KidMoe said:

Taking the g/f to the big pond for the weekend in a rented sleeper. Hopefully some New Years night walleyes! Ring in the new year on rattle reels!

Big Pond, as in Mille Lacs?  Good thing your bring her, you'll have something to do then! ;)

better have a talk with your sock coordinator... ;)    tough bite where I was today. brought home a few but it was a challenge. nothing over 8. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice haul Zach! Eyeguy it is ok you don't need to catch em all. 

but I want to catch them all ! ! !    LOL  

1 hour ago, eyeguy 54 said:

better have a talk with your sock coordinator... ;)    tough bite where I was today. brought home a few but it was a challenge. nothing over 8. 

Hey, it all about efficiency, grab two socks and go.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Hey they were both warm long socks that works for me! :lol:

Bite wasn't the best either really had to work for them, fishing 21 fow they didn't like it unless your jig was at 15 feet then they would slowly come up off the bottom and hit it.

Overall it was a great trip never made it to a secret tiny lake I wanted to try from what I here kicks out 10-11 inch gills but I will have to try it someday. Got the ice fishing snowmobile some runtime I havn't ran the Jag (AKA The arm ripper ) for 3 years she works perfect still.

Had a mighty fine seafood steak new years dinner as well

We boarded Tango at Armstrong Kennels this weekend and he had a good time there as always. I picked him up and boy was he tired tossed a bumper around a couple times and went in and straight to his chair he went.

WP_20170101_17_06_11_Pro.jpg

WP_20161231_20_46_53_Pro.jpg

WP_20170102_13_56_41_Pro.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2