• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Moose's Report - Cambridge-Elk River-Foley-Milaca-Mora-Ogilvie Fishing Reports

Good for you tview- gives me faith that they do bite a little later. Maybe I was in too deep of water ( 28- 29 ft). gotta have some excuse.  Anyway did not go to Elk, but just got back from Lory and Lewis, Lory had active fish bite of very small sunnies and crappies.  Ended up on Lewis for the later bite, and caught some marginal size keepers, both sunnies & crappies - pretty slow bite. Had to dodge deer on the way home- they were all over between Dalbo and Bradford on 47.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Hey all just a reminder you will need a new license March 1!!

Well it looks like we should be ice fishing for another month or more. There is some snow coming, so if you need to get you house off the lake it might be wise do it now.

bites: green crappies, little elk gills sorting but you will catch them eaters, skogman has good from numbers of gills and crappies, and Lori lake for crappies.

the turkey fever is starting to set in for me

I will be going out for the night bite on green this week. I need to find some more fish as the wife wants a fresh fish dinner.

• Thanks 2

nice job moose, grandma will be smiling again. 

Finn and I went to take out some crows today. I should had a pile of them, but I was leading them to much. The only one I got drive bombed my caller and had the wind at its back. Finn made a good retrieve and was happy to be in the woods hunting again. I am grinding them up for dog food for the pointing chihuahuas . 

C7F8B6E1-C67E-419E-9B41-49CC9AC36E07.jpeg

I might go exploring today to see what the lakes have for snow depth on them.

Well the lakes are a mess deep deep slush. I am not sure how deep but deep enough to concern me. I did not get stuck but I backed out. I did not go on Baxter as no one had plowed the access. Green looked bad and blue was the deep slush lake. Finn was my copilot for the fun. We checked a few spots to hunt crows for tomorrow. 

Going to lake Osakis with St. Cloud guys tomorrow!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well the bite was ok. I caught some great crappies 9-13 inchers on plastics. I got some gills on plastics, but was out fished by Rick G on gills 6 to 1.Eyeguy our fished me on gills as well. It was nice to bs with Icehawk, Tom, and Joe. My biggest gill was 9.25 and released rick had some pushing 10 all were released.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I dont think I out fished you... I think you must have saw every fish I caught.. It was a challenge for sure.

Get out there with this amazing weather!! The fish are on the munch was fishing a point near deep water. You all know what I was using for bait if not ask. 

EBC218DE-3BB3-4165-8BA4-08774B128CC2.jpeg

E63E2D6B-60A1-4D5D-8E99-EF99AF852DB1.jpeg

9EF6782C-B6EC-4844-AB35-9B048EDE1AD7.jpeg

9FC9128D-4694-47AC-B8B3-3692171F37CC.jpeg

6E4A0F27-A5C8-4D2B-9BEA-9836EA79C302.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Went out today to get the father in law out and meet Eyeguy for some fishing fun! What a great day to be alive and fishing. I was using my pug bug like always and Eyeguy was putting the hurt to the gills with 3 mm jig. I grabbed my gander mountain special with a fribil titanium spring bobber and put a jig just like eyeguy’s on and it was game on. I am not sure how many fish were caught, but it was a good number. I released all my fish which I normally do and just enjoyed catching them. I did watch Eyeguy to see how he jigs for them gills. I tried to match Eyeguy’s style. It is important to watch how people work a jig.

gills ranged from 4-9.25 inches and crappies 5-10.75 inches. Plenty of eater sized gills and crappies were caught. 

• Thumbs Up 1

fun day for sure moose. always a good time when we hit the ice. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, monstermoose78 said:

gills ranged from 4-9.25 inches and crappies 5-10.75 inches. Plenty of eater sized gills and crappies were caught. 

Yes the pictures of them look great! :whistle: 

• Yayyyy 1

11 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

I post tooooo many pics so slowing down

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

My fingers were to slimie to take photos 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

thats what ya get for catching those slimers. ;) 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I hit the water with Eyeguy and Rick G again. The bite was ok but the size was lacking, but it is still fun to be out fishing.

3 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Well I hit the water with Eyeguy and Rick G again. The bite was ok but the size was lacking, but it is still fun to be out fishing.

Right after you left I stuck a 9 31/32 

IMG955048.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

On 3/18/2018 at 8:15 PM, leech~~ said:

Leech No big fish for me so they did not get a photo. Plus look at Eyeguy’s and Rick’s photos they caught big ones. Leech when have you posted a real fishing report? ;) 

11 hours ago, Rick G said:

Right after you left I stuck a 9 31/32 

IMG955048.jpg

Story of my life! Should have been here yesterday or should have stayed until dark. Great fish Rick

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Leech when have you posted a real fishing report? ;)

Um.............. other then a few private PM's to people. Looooks like Jan 20th Brainerd area, Extavaganza 2018 thread.  ;)

IMG_3106.JPG

Edited by leech~~
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/23/2018 at 9:09 AM, leech~~ said:

Um.............. other then a few private PM's to people. Looooks like Jan 20th Brainerd area, Extavaganza 2018 thread.  ;)

IMG_3106.JPG

Nice

• Thumbs Up 2

Yesterday I hit lake Osakis with Eyeguy again. If you have not heard check out the fishing club. Anyways fishing was good lots of fish no giants for me but Eyeguy got a fair number of gills over 9 inches. The key to Osakis is light line and little baits tipped with shrimp or a couple euro tops. One euro or one shrimp worked best for me. 3mm jigs tops 3 pound test is heavy 2 is better. The fish are making there way shallower. Good luck 

• Thumbs Up 1

not sure if I would join a club that would have me as a member... ;) 

• Confused 1