Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

monstermoose78

Moose's Report - Cambridge-Elk River-Foley-Milaca-Mora-Ogilvie Fishing Reports

monstermoose78

Well the divers are around. The little ponds are icing up this means one thing firearms season is here and ice fishing is coming. 

I hunted for divers and saw nothing within range. Watch for more reports soon with photos.

gimruis

Hey Moose my dog looks almost exactly like yours.  5.5 year female british Labrador.  I take her often in the boat fishing and obviously when I duck and pheasant hunt in the fall.

British Lab.JPG

Here's a more recent one.  She use to be fascinated by fish.  Now she doesn't pay much attention to them.

19.75 inch largemouth.JPG

• Like 1

monstermoose78
6 hours ago, gimruis said:

Hey Moose my dog looks almost exactly like yours.  5.5 year female british Labrador.  I take her often in the boat fishing and obviously when I duck and pheasant hunt in the fall.

British Lab.JPG

Here's a more recent one.  She use to be fascinated by fish.  Now she doesn't pay much attention to them.

19.75 inch largemouth.JPG

Beautiful dog!! 

monstermoose78

Been diver hunting the last two day what a blast. First day I saw so many ducks and I got a double on goldeneyes. 

98D1EE94-A557-4CF9-87A3-31B88A745690.jpeg

Then today not many ducks got a hen goldeneye and a merganser 

B7A691B1-5471-4E57-96E3-30A5BFFEAAF9.jpeg

Bigfatbert

Hey Moose , your dog is also great looking. . . Also wondering how those mergansers and goldeneyes taste , I wouldn't think to good , but hope that you enjoy the bounty.

monstermoose78

i put them in a wild rice hot dish and they are fine. I fry them in bacon grease first. 

I made a big batch for deer hunting it will be gone in two days easy.

monstermoose78

Well deer was the year of enough bucks seen by me and I shot like crazy. If you fall and bump you gun it can be off a lot. I was sick missing with the 06 so I had to use the 223 and never got to use it. I missed a nice 8, a forky, and 5 pointer all 60-100 yards. I did sight my rifle in but slipped walking the woods fell but did not think bumped my gun. Haha it was off 2 feet low and to the right 7 inches. I moved closer to where the deer were coming from so my 223 shots would 50 yards but never had a deer come by then.

leech~~
57 minutes ago, monstermoose78 said:

Well deer was year enough bucks seen by me and I shot like crazy. If you fall and bump you gun it can be off a lot. I was sick missing with the 06 so I had to use the 223 and never got to use it. I missed a nice 8, a forky, and 5 pointer all 60-100 yards. I did sight my rifle in but slipped walking the woods fell but did not think bumped my gun. Haha it was off 2 feet low and to the right 7 inches. I moved closer to where the deer were coming from so my 223 shots would 50 yards but never had a deer come by then.

That SUKS! :(

• Thanks 1

monstermoose78

It’s all good! I see the lakes around are freezing over that means I will be ice fishing soon. 

• Like 1

monstermoose78

F48BB7FE-7C0C-4877-BEE5-C3EF234F8093.jpegFinn and I have duck hunting the last 3 now gets and have not seen a duck or goose. I guess it’s roosters and grouse from now on anyways.

• Like 1

gimruis

I did some pheasant hunting of my own on Fri and Sat near the Princeton area with a friend and did very well.  I think the fact that a lot of standing corn was recently removed played a big role.

IMG_1210.JPG

Edited by gimruis
  • Like 3

monstermoose78

Great idea Finn and know of some great areas for roosters!! 

Congrats on the birds

ZachD

Nice I think I will give it a try tomorrow I think I know where you were hunting I was there before the corn was taken out and flushed a couple hens and one rooster

monstermoose78

Well to all who think the diver ducks taste bad most could not tell the difference. My dad did mention he had some strong pieces of duck in his batch. He said it was great except for the one B.B. I missed. I had some wood ducks, mallards, goldeneyes, and mergansers mixed together in the wild rice hot dish. None of the pieces of duck I had were bad and I did have a piece that was stronger favored but it was not bad.

I grill wood ducks up with a bacon and a jalapeño slice in bite sized pieces. This does just for eating. 

Okay to the really issues!! Upland game birds it’s time to get out chasing them. I have my list to get done that the wife left me. Then Finn and I are out to get some birds.

next up ice fishing!! Here is the deal I will be working with Rick G to set a get together for any one who would like to come and pick our brains or just hang out. More details will come as we get this rolling

• Like 1

gimruis

I've had a few divers in the past and they were noticeably darker/stronger tasting than the grain eaters.  Would I say they were unedible?  No.  But there was definitely a noticeable difference.

Looks like we're gonna get some real winter weather this week.  Everything should freeze solid like concrete.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:48 PM, ZachD said:

Nice I think I will give it a try tomorrow I think I know where you were hunting I was there before the corn was taken out and flushed a couple hens and one rooster

I went again this past weekend and did well.  Every spot I hunted had birds.  A friend and I went home with 5 roosters in about 4 hours of hunting.

• Like 1

ZachD
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 12:03 PM, gimruis said:

I've had a few divers in the past and they were noticeably darker/stronger tasting than the grain eaters.  Would I say they were unedible?  No.  But there was definitely a noticeable difference.

Looks like we're gonna get some real winter weather this week.  Everything should freeze solid like concrete.

I went again this past weekend and did well.  Every spot I hunted had birds.  A friend and I went home with 5 roosters in about 4 hours of hunting.

Must not be the spot I though you hunting private?

Went to some public land and the corn was still up earlier the season I flushed a couple each time I was out this time was a bust.

gimruis
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:15 AM, ZachD said:

Must not be the spot I though you hunting private?

Correct, all the places I hunt are private land.

• Like 1

monstermoose78

Well the lakes are locking up. Please watch as the swans and geese kept spots open. The ice around Princeton is sketchy at best, so tomorrow I am headed north to fish.

KidMoe

I’m thinking the same as you Moose. Just gotta try and scratch that itch!

• Like 1

monstermoose78

Good luck and be safe kidmoe 

monstermoose78

Caught 20-23 gills and 6 crappies. Fun day on the 10 inches of ice. The whole lake was close to the same where I cut all the holes out and around

3AEE2B92-AFAC-430C-B55C-36E8F3AD2E5F.jpeg

22EC612B-CC71-44E7-8F6A-576781739311.jpeg

• Like 2

crappie king 42

Went out locally here thanksgiving mornin on three inches of solid ice hot into the eyes really well. A week later whole place was open water again so we went out in the kayaks got 14 eyes than went out again now that ice is back went to same lake and had a rough weekend we only managed to get three all weekend. Went out on all local lakes they are all sketchy at best. Few more days to solidify that bad ice and should be good to go. Went to shakopee in onamia and there was a solid 10 inches out there. 

crappie king 42

8Went out locally here thanksgiving mornin on three inches of solid ice hot into the eyes really well. A week later whole place was open water again so we went out in the kayaks got 14 eyes than went out again now that ice is back went to same lake and had a rough weekend we only managed to get three all weekend. Went out on all local lakes they are all sketchy at best. Few more days to solidify that bad ice and should be good to go. Went to shakopee in onamia and there was a solid 10 inches out there. 

Snapchat-1114129132.jpg

Screenshot_2017-12-01-19-16-35.png

crappie king 42

No this is not red lake. This was a local spot in the cambridge princeton milaca area. 

Nice solid 14-17 inch walleyes nice and healthy and they tasted delicious 

• Like 1

crappie king 42

Just goes to show that if you put the time in to eplore new places just to see if there is anything in said body of water..... it can have very good payouts. The body of water that we got the eyes out of i have never fished before. Grew up next to it basically its only 10 min from the house. When they started hitting all fish were caught one after another i have never had walleyes through the ice bite like they did. A new experiance and i was able to share it with friends. Hope everyone is being safe out there. 

• Like 2