• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Moose's Report - Cambridge-Elk River-Foley-Milaca-Mora-Ogilvie Fishing Reports

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
38 minutes ago, monstermoose78 said:

Went fishing with @river rat316. Fished about 10 feet of water. Caught many gills from 5 to 9 inches. River rat caught a great large mouth. I caught fair number of crappies a couple dandies. I am going to miss ice fishing until next time.

So, grandma is short for river rat316? :lol:

"Going out to find grandma a few fish this weekend! Looks like Sunday is my fishing day" 

I think I saw a vid with grandma in a kayak 

• Thumbs Up 2

Thinking of going fishing up north again just not sure where yet. 

Most lakes are here opened up with the wind. Have at them in da boats

• Thumbs Up 3

You don't need to go too far north. Knife lake had people out Monday, Anne had people yesterday. There is lots of ATV traffic on Mille Lacs, and the big panfish tourney is there this weekend.  

All the Aitken area lakes have solid ice, but as is always the case, watch for drain holes, cracks, etc. 

Still lots of fishing possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well the ice close to home was gone or not safe. I do not need to head to far north to find safe ice, but I got this problem. TURKEYS on my brain and I know the season is a month out yet. I know I should've chasing fish but it's cold out today. I might go later up to find some big gills and crappies. 

Crazy people! I walked out and had a blast with gills!

IMG_0888.JPG

IMG_0889.JPG

IMG_0891.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0893.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

We fished the same lake today, lmao. Looks like we found quite a bit better gills, released 3 close to 10". Bite sure died down in the afternoon, then had a good flurry around 4.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, monstermoose78 said:

Truck was plenty safe, almost 20" out on main lake, but one hell of a crack running from South to North.

IMG_0892.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

I also caught tons 3 inch crappies. Think I might hit the bays on Mille lacs or some other little gems up that way.

• Thumbs Up 2

Headed north tomorrow in search of trophy gills and crappies!

• Thumbs Up 2

Met up with Rick G and Eyeguy today man those two guys can fish. I did not out fish them but I hung in there. It was nice to see all three drill augers in action. I must say I need to upgrade my 3 amp hour batteries. Thanks for the invite guys it is truly a joy to watch you fish.

IMG_0916.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

• Thumbs Up 2

was fun to meet up with ya nick. really a work out today!  nobody outished anybody today :) saw @Naturboy at access but didnt know it was him.  @Rick G waved when we passed him on highway.  Would be nice to meet you sometime Paul. :) Rick was after trophies today :grin:

325a.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

@Rick G it takes mad skills to catch a gill like that!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went out Saturday afternoon fishing. I caught my fair share of gills and crappies I forgot my phone in the garage. So no photos nothing to over 8 for gills and crappies. Still working on a turkey for my nephew so that will be next weekend I am sure. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Went fishing today and was amazed some guys were keeping 6 inch gills but releasing gills over 7 inches!! I thanked them for helping weed out some of the little ones! I caught lots of gill in the 6 to 7 inch range and couple crappies mixed in.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

There is a walleye bite on Green and Lori lakes. Bass are biting as are pike on all lakes. Gills are being had on little elk crappies are hitting on green as well. If you want fun try the rum

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow the number of turtles out is crazy!!! Hearing Lori lake is kicking out some walleyes. Skogman is giving up numbers of panfish as is knife lake. Mille Lacs is hot for eye, bass, and panfish!

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone else out fishing?

The walleye bite on Lori lake continues, but bring lots extra hooks as the pike like to bite you off. Large mouth bass are on fire on most lakes. Crappies on green are mixed with some eyes during low light conditions. The rum river should be clearing up from all the rain north of here, so exceptional fishing should return. Please post how you are doing

• Thumbs Up 2

Come guys I know you are fishing! The rum sure is a great place to fish. Always something biting. Smallies are going nuts anything the moves is a target for them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I will check

The Rum has been dropping in flow and water level since the 20th from St Francis down if that helps

rum.png

Stopped in this morning and it looks like it should be good to go. 

Thanks guys!  We tried kayak fishing last year (around Labor Day I think) and the Rum was way too high.  We launched on CR 7 between Blue and Green lake and just ended up paddling the river.  Is that a good stretch for smallies?

• Thumbs Up 1

Juan that is great area for smallies. The water looks clear for the rum it's time. It's a long way to the next landing so you might want put in in Princeton and fish to that access

You can get out at highway 47 so that is not to bad. I forgot about that I was thinking you had get almost to Cambridge.

11 hours ago, Juan Grande said:

Thanks guys!  We tried kayak fishing last year (around Labor Day I think) and the Rum was way too high.  We launched on CR 7 between Blue and Green lake and just ended up paddling the river.  Is that a good stretch for smallies?

In my eyes anywhere on the Rum is great for smallies.

So far this year everytime I have been out the levels have been great even after all the rain we had just had to wait a couple days and the water was great.

I put in at the Anoka fair grounds and travel up river

Any idea how long that float from Princeton to CR 7 takes?  We could also just launch at CR 7 and paddle upstream and then drift back down.  

• The title was changed to Moose's Report - Cambridge-Elk River-Foley-Milaca-Mora-Ogilvie Fishing Reports