• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Little fishhouse

HunterFisher11

5 hours ago, Luttes said:

I just decided I need this...Where'd the frame come from?

Me and a buddy of mine custom made it.

39 minutes ago, HunterFisher11 said:

That's awesome! It looks so good! What are the dimensions?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
2 hours ago, HunterFisher11 said:

Thanks for posting. I have been thinking at some time I may want to make a nice small drop down house to sleep in.

The size of the fishhouse is 4x11 then with the platform for the plow would be 4x13, the inside height is 4'10" I know that seems short but I wanted to make it so would be easy to pull and it is hardly can tell it is behind the truck, that said I have had a guy that was 6'6" in it and had no problem sitting in it. Got a lot of crap the first time I brought it to my brothers, so they nicknamed it smurf house. And it has 3 holes, you can fish three people but only sleeps one. That would be me!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

I like it. Don't worry about the other guy. Worry about you. The rest of those guys can work out their own solutions. Is it light enough to pull with an atv?

Give you $20 for it :D

9 hours ago, Neighbor_guy said:

I like it. Don't worry about the other guy. Worry about you. The rest of those guys can work out their own solutions. Is it light enough to pull with an atv?

Give you $20 for it :D

Yes wheeler has no problem pulling it. Thanks for the offer but will have to pass on it. 

Didn't I see your house on Tiny Houses - Fish House Edition? ;)

I think you're on to something there.  Nice job!

• Thumbs Up 1

HunterFisher, I was inspired enough to go look at the Ice Castle Scout today.  The smaller concept is a nice option for these years the ice doesn't form up as well as we'd like.  The better part was I saw a Scout frame in the lot I'll have to call and ask about; I'm not looking to lay out the retail price of the completed model.  I'm sure you have much less invested money wise - just more time and resources.

The thing I really wanted to verify was the frame having a good spot to cut a spear hole.  It does.

• Thumbs Up 1

You were ahead of the curve HunterFisher! It seems like the manufactured companies just started offering smaller units the in the last year or so. 

It looks great!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks nice Hunter I saw several small houses at the ice show in St. Paul earlier this month and those were the ones I was mist interested in, nice fish house!!!