• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Waterproof spray products

bucketmouth64

Question

I've been looking for a waterproof spray product for gloves and work boots. I've seen a few products like ultra dry, rust oleum, camp dry. I've asked around and nobody has any experience using any such product. Do any of these actually work? I saw a video from ultra dry that their product actually keeps things dry, like a piece of paper, clothing. I use many gloves at work and I'm tired of having wet gloves cold hands from handling things that are full of snow. When mfrs. say their product glove, boot or whatever is waterproof shouldn't your feet or hands stay dry? Moisture goes thru to inner part eventually and hands/feet get cold or are damp.

2 answers to this question

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I don't know of any product that will keep a pair work gloves dry.  Sure you can spray a water repellent on them that might bead rain water off but go work in them and they'll be saturated.   If your wearing the gloves for protection having them wet isn't the end of the world but if you need protection and warmth I bring a few pairs on the job.

Or you can purchase some hi-tech stuff that claims to be waterproof but a I know of none that will stand up to be a true work glove. 

When I think of work boot I'm thinking leather.   I use Sno-Seal.  It stands up to a hard day on the job and Will keep your feet dry.  Being a wax base dirt will stick to it in warmer temps but bring on the cooler temps and it shines.   You could get a boot like Mucks but they will not hold up like a leather work boot.  So it depends on what type of work I guess. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Only thing I know that works long term is GoreTex or the copies there of.   The sprays will help, and for boots various wax or grease type products help, but if you are going to be walking in water, nothing beats goretex except maybe rubber.