• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How long will battery run furnace and lights in ice castle

wahoo

Bought a new 6 1/2 x 12 IC.  How many hours will a fully charged battery last?   

Sure this is somewhere on here but can't find it.  

Tight lines

wahoo

I asked my sales guys that question a couple weeks back, when I picked up mine and he told me 4-6 hrs, I'm guessing that can change depending on the temps and stuff

Ok not sure if you have a inverter?? But I will run the generator during the day and that will charge the Battery and then at night will just go with the battery.

I have one of those 2000 watt Honda generator/investor.  House came with cable to hook it up.  I think all I need to do is plug it in?   Probably will not do lots of overnight.  But wondered, since furnace has a fan that I think is always on how long that runs off fully charged battery.  Have several deep cycles so can always have a spare and keep them charged at home as well. 

Thanks. 

You would think the would last longer than, and it may run longer than that..As for the generator yeah just plug it in to your IC and you are good to go..You should have separate lights that are wired 110 that will only work with your generator plugged in..

Well, I will bring two batteries and see how long first one lasts.  Then put second one in.  Will have generator in truck just in case.  Thanks.  

I have a 2015 21' Ice Castle RV that has two house batteries. I added the second to the house. It will run the furnace fan all night but it is running a lot slower by morning. There is a noticeable increase in fan speed when I start the generator in the morning. I am thinking of adding a third battery to the house to make up the difference.