Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

RuddyDuck

Wright Ice Reports

48 posts in this topic

I know nothing yet, but looks like it should turn next week. Sure has been been dead on here, so figured I would get something started. No one even bickering about Pelican lately!!

Bring on the cold.

1 person likes this

Would be nice to get some ice that's for sure. No doubt these forums have gone cold. 5-6 years ago there would be dozens of posts daily just on this thread. Maybe the newness of these forums has wore off or because everything has been hashed over a couple hundred times I don't know. I'm ready for some ice fishing I know that.

2 people like this

Ice forming in the dogs water dish right now! Forcast still looks good starting Tuesday. I predict the first truck thru the ice on Buffalo will be Dec 23!

2 people like this

I was thinking the same thoughts, I saw the pond by my house locked up, figure someone will be sitting in front of the courthouse before you know it..

1 person likes this

Someone was sitting in front of the courthouse yesterday, only they were in a boat. We were on kings point and two boats by the hole. Sure easy to make holes and try lots of places right now.

workin

Let the cold begin! Though, now I am seeing snow in the forecast for Sat evening and Sunday. Boy, hopefully that misses. 

Dean iced over today.  Schmidt has ice about 30 yards out then open water.

Been a few years now, Pelican may be snappin' again.  :)

I'm just hoping that we don't get that much snow this weekend. That would be no good for making ice. 

Was out and about checking out a few things, Pelican was froze as far as you can see was weirs to see the old boat access again..Eagle by Monti, was locked up, Little Maple was froze over but the big part of the lake had some dark spots..Schmidt was froze as far as I could see from the 35 end..Checked my first ice lake found 3 inches, only ventured out a little ways...so the beging of next week looks promising for some foot traffic

Yeah next week looks good for getting out. Hopefully the snow totals stay on the low side but at least its gonna be the light powder variety.

1 person likes this

I noticed Buffalo was froze over yesterday,  people fishing this afternoon. 

I get that some people will go out and fish on 1.5 inches of ice, but there was already snowmobiles tracks across Green Mountain.

How stupid do you need to be? 

Guy was out drilling holes on Pelican on Saturday. We got a good amount of snow and now they are saying possible significant snow Friday. Good thing the temps are gonna be way down.

I checked Pelican Sat. by the old launch. About 4in there 30ft out. That was before the snow. Green Mtn had 5in by shore and 4.5in about 60yds out. Just stay on the throttle in the middle and stop by the shore and you should be good!! Studs help too. Any of the deeper lakes had about 3in or less. Hope it blows a bit tomorrow.

I also noted alot of lakes had some buckled areas from the wind. Things to watch out for once it does get thicker. 

Edited by RuddyDuck
2 people like this

Clearwater has 2-4 according to BJ's Bait and Tackle. Stay safe

How much ice on Sugar Lake north to south or east to west????

Stupid is as stupid does. 
Remember who

Some follow the tracks right into open water.

SAW a wheeler out tooling around on Buffalo last night. 

On 12/14/2016 at 1:51 PM, fishhook34 said:

How much ice on Sugar Lake north to south or east to west????

Was out on sugar today.  3-5" of solid ice.  Pike were active, nothing else.

Had fun

Has anyone heard any reports on Beebe?

On 12/17/2016 at 7:36 AM, blue gill hunter said:

Has anyone heard any reports on Beebe?

There's still some sketchy ice out there, quite a few cracks

Thanks Nick

How much ice is on buffalo?

Thanks in advance.

Guessing since no one has reported anything on here lately the ice must be shaping up??

Hoping to get out tomorrow but not sure if we should bring the sled/wheeler out or not....  

Is the ice thick enough to run around out there, or are there any places we should be weary of yet??

Help some of us guys stay safe, any updates, any lake, it helps out tremendously!

Tight lines everybody! Thanks :)

There was 8" on Buffalo last night where I was.

2 people like this