• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Beginning on Wednesday the forecasted temperature drops below freezing and does not go above it in the 15 day forecast.  That weekend of December 17th prediction is starting to look good Mitch.

Disclaimer, forecasts for tomorrow are often wrong, so what kind of chance is there that the 15 day forecast is right?  Still hopeful though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am going to be optimistic and say I will be heading up to the Faribault area to hit the ice in two weeks.

That is based on the colder of the forecasts I am looking at right now, and assumes there is no snow to go with the colder temps coming next week.

I took my last casts of the year today on the Cannon River, just below the dam at Alexander Park. Now I'm waiting on ice, fingers crossed for Dec 17th as it's a long weekend for me.

IMG_20161205_175924597.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Thought I'd post a Cannon 'eye caught recently

Cannon Eye.JPG

Also wanted to post that I tried to release the big guy, but just too stressed.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

stressed fishies taste good. :)  nice fish 

Definitely a big girl!, Nice catch to end the open water season. Has been an epic fall. Best I've ever had for both numbers and size. Stable weather over key moon phases had alot to do with it I'm sure.

4-6" of snow this weekend on top of our new ice :( hopefully the cold snap early next week will keep making ice through it and we don't end up with the slushy mess of last year.

• Thumbs Up 1

With 8 inches on the ground and another 6+ forecast for Friday, it will be difficult going.  Maybe some of this wind will blow snow off the ice.

More snow.jpg