• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishable ice

sartellangler05

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

as soon as it gets cold for a few days. ;)

I hope your right ZachD but with the 15 day forecast not getting into the single digits I'm curious how quickly things will freeze over. I have a trip planned up in that area on the 17th not on URL but near it and I'm hoping water temps will allow for us to get on the ice.  Joked with the guide we may need the boat lol

Tyler may be on the ice by the 9th, but it sure doesn't look like there will be access's open with the long range forecast.  

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is the 17th weekend.  Weather forecast is calling for windy cold and lots of snow next week (Wed/Thurs).  Wind begining part of the week will be windy and SW so I'm thinking that will mix the water up hard core but the wind will change Tuesday/Wednesday out of the West NW and if we get like weather underground is stating 6-10" of snow with fridged temps I'm expecting lakes to start freezing over on Saturday the 10th and I wouldn't be shocked if people are fishing by the 17th.

Just my two cents.  I have a fishing trip planned for the 17th for trout and I'm nervous and I'm hoping my guess is accurate! lol  But like previously stated who knows who will be open.

Yup Im looking at WU and would agree with the wind not allowing much freeze until Sat as well. Smaller shallow bodies should have 3-4 byh17th as long as it doesnt snow agalin and temps stay in upper teens overnight

• Thumbs Up 1

I think with the current forecast there will be ice fishermen/women on URL by the 20th. It'll be bitterly cold, which is excellent, but the snow puts a hamper on things...

With the high wind's this week I really dont see much ice forming until at least the weekend.  Looking like I will be planning on hauling the ATV or sled up for the trip between Xmas and New Years again this year.