• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tickle stick

eyeguy 54

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

lol  it went back to straight after I let it sit an hour with out the jig attached. :)  would not have traded for a 30 dollar reel.  I might get my man card taken away. look at first pic. worth 50 bucks plus tax at gander. :):)  90 day full return policy. 

1 hour ago, eyeguy 54 said:

lol  it went back to straight after I let it sit an hour with out the jig attached. :)  would not have traded for a 30 dollar reel.  I might get my man card taken away. look at first pic. worth 50 bucks plus tax at gander. :):)  90 day full return policy. 

Fair enough. That's a good return deal. It's a good lesson for the rest of us, as well. DO NOT keep these rods bent in storage. I wonder if a hair dryer could have straightened it out. I bet it could. I really dig those rods, though. 

didnt need hair dryer,  it went back to normal on it's own. paint chipped also.  nice idea the flat tip, just not for me I guess. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Every noodle I'very ever used has developed some memory if stored with a bend long term.  Doesn't affect the performance at all.  I've used the tickle stick two winters now and still my go to for a light bite.  I still have a first year production meat stick with some bend.  I've got a few St Croix and the rods themselves are OK.  It's the spring bobber set up that shines.  Even they develop memory. 

i went with the 28" m deadstick widow maker $50,10$ reel, $11 832 suffix

also run 3 other rods for notherns with heavy or extra heavy rods 2 summer reals 1 smaller ice real, with 100lb-50lb-20lb power pro, i live on big pine and seem to do well with northerns 4-6.5lbs

gonna try the sul tickle again and also ordered an ht blue ice to try. 

never did try the tickle,

took it out this morning for a bit. more sensitive than I thought it would be.  More testing next week.  caught a few crappies and gills on it and a nice chunky northern. 

IMG_2331.JPG

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

took it out this morning for a bit. more sensitive than I thought it would be.  More testing next week.  caught a few crappies and gills on it and a nice chunky northern. 

The SUL Tickle Stick is a very useful rod. I haven't even used my St Croix Legend spring bobber rod since I got the SUL, which I feel is more versatile. It's better for sharply pounding those smaller plastics to attract fish.

• Thumbs Up 1

i missed a nice large mouth bass on a size 6 rapala, on my widow marker and it felt nice, 13fishing makes good rods but im scared to jig for walleye with a rattle trap style lure and have a northern hit it and snap the rod