• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Weekend in Grand Marais

Was able to get up to Grand Marais for a couple days. My dad took my daughter and son up the day before, and are still up there now. Friday, I met up with them at pine trestle lake. Wind was terrible, and it also snowed off and on. Was really hard controlling the canoe in the wind, and was only able to catch 3 splake. Red rebel craw was the go to lure. Just to kill time and get out of the wind, me and my son went to shore and walked the trail to kemo lake. Was the first time I've been back there, was nice, and not as far as I thought.

Saturday we went to a secret lake that we discovered last year. Another windy day, but we were treated to a mix of sun and rain. Had really high hopes for this lake, because we caught a lot of splake from shore last year. Caught 6 in the canoe, and they were pretty small. Was still plenty of time left in the day, so we just drove around and stopped at lakes. I was able to catch 3 brook trout out of carrot lake.

Sunday morning it was 29 degrees outside, and I had to scrape my windshield off for the first time of the season! Shorefished mink/kimball/trout lakes. Caught 2 big rainbows from mink, and another from kimball. Could hear lots of gun shots in the distance, so the sun must have brought the birds out.my dad had shot 3 grouse before I came up, but didn't see much when it was rainy. I haven't heard from them since I left, so I don't know how they did yesterday or today.

Another fun time in the books!

• Thumbs Up 3