• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fall is here and it's time for that excellent jig and minnow action to get going. It's by far my favorite presentation to catch Walleyes. Deep holes close to islands, points and other rock structures are the place to be. Structures that fall sharply into deeper water are the best. Depth ranges of 25 to 35 feet have always been the best locations for me over the years. The cooler it gets, the better the action will get. I like 3/8oz jigs(Fireballs) in multiple colors, one bright one dark but that isn't carved in stone. Some days a single color will get most of the action however I like the pink/white, firetiger, green/white, blue/white, chart/blue, chart/green and orange/chart/white combos. Tip one of those with a big chub or a shiner and even a 3 to 5 inch pike sucker and the Walleyes will come. ;)

"Ace"

"It's just fishing man" 

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

The jig action has been excellent the last several days. The 25 to 36 foot range has been very good to me and the bite has been good much of the day.

"Ace"

"It's just fishing man"

• Thumbs Up 1

Minnows what else.

Bottom content is often the least important factor of where you want to look for these Walleyes. Deep transitions from hard to soft or just simply sharp drops that fall into deeper water, it can be mud, clay, gravel or marl. Baitfish on your sonar is the real key to where you'll find larger pods of fish in these areas.

"Ace"

"It's just fishing man"