Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

busse3775

Family and I learned at the access on Sunday that zebra mussels were found out on West Battle Lake. The DNR said they were releasing information on it today but I have yet to hear anything official. Hopefully this is just a rumor and it is nothing serious....

timjones

Nothing in the Aug 1st DNR news releases about it.

slammer

Over 130 lakes now infested in the state.  When will the DNR learn they cannot stop this and quit wasting taxpayer money?

• Like 1

slick2526
On 8/18/2016 at 8:19 PM, slammer said:

Over 130 lakes now infested in the state.  When will the DNR learn they cannot stop this and quit wasting taxpayer money?

I have said this from day one. I dont know the full history of zebra mussel, but is possible to poison them? I am assuming it would kill the fish in the system also, but why not do what has to be done to stop the spread, instead of slowing it down.

I assume these mussels could also attach to waterfowl but not certain. I dont feel that boats are the only thing spreading these mussels.

Joe Z.
On 8/22/2016 at 2:58 AM, slick2526 said:

I have said this from day one. I dont know the full history of zebra mussel, but is possible to poison them? I am assuming it would kill the fish in the system also, but why not do what has to be done to stop the spread, instead of slowing it down.

I assume these mussels could also attach to waterfowl but not certain. I dont feel that boats are the only thing spreading these mussels.

Whoa! You would kill off entire lake and river systems just to to stop a mussel? That would never pass. Look at the panic over Mille Lacs spearing/netting.  

I do agree that waterfowl have to be part of the transmission chain. 

slick2526
10 hours ago, Joe Z. said:

Whoa! You would kill off entire lake and river systems just to to stop a mussel? That would never pass. Look at the panic over Mille Lacs spearing/netting.  

I do agree that waterfowl have to be part of the transmission chain. 

if it stopped the problem at the root, and it was in the early stages of being found I would have. Its too far along now and would kill off too many lakes in a chain system like ottertail. What I was trying to say is they should of went this the strongest form of killing/stopping these things in the beginning 

Uncle Rico

While I don't totally disagree with your premise, that would not work in this case because as soon as all the lakes in MN are "clean", a bird or boat or whatever would import some new zeebs, and the cycle would start all over again. 

slick2526
14 hours ago, Uncle Rico said:

While I don't totally disagree with your premise, that would not work in this case because as soon as all the lakes in MN are "clean", a bird or boat or whatever would import some new zeebs, and the cycle would start all over again. 

Well the dnrs plan obviously is doing no good in this area, drastic measures need to be took obviously. What they are I dont know, but i know in other states poison/chemical is being developed and has been used to some success on closed bodies of water

https://stateimpact.npr.org/texas/2014/03/19/invasive-zebra-mussels-may-have-finally-met-their-match/

slammer

Add Sallie to the list.

• Like 1

BisoNation

Rush Lake now has Zebra's.   

the River System has them.... there was 2 claims of sightings on Ottertail Lake, but DNR dove all over and found ZERO>

So is it just a matter of time for Ottertail Lake?/  or do we think they are in there already.. seemed like great clarity all summer

slammer

They are already established in OT.  Pulled docks at my sisters place with about 75% covered in zebes.  Wear shoes when your in the water.

BisoNation

1st time ever I've seen zebra mussels in ottertail on west side   this SUCKS!!!!   had a red solo cup in the water... apparently they love RED.  

at least 5 of them    it sucks