• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm taking my first trip up to Wabana in a few weeks.  The guys I'm going with know the lake pretty well, but I was just wanting to put my feelers out there to see if anyone has any tips on the lake.  I know we are planning on trying to hit some lakers with down riggers and cored line for a part of the day and hunting some 'eyes the other half.  Any information you'd be willing to share would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Like JB said, fishing lakers in Wabana isn't a great idea. I'm assuming, though, that you're talking about the other joined lakes to the west. In the case of those, I hope you get one, and hope you'll give a report!

You didn't mention panfish, but if you want something to eat and can't get on the walleyes, you can find panfish in deep weeds. I'd be looking at areas of the lake other than the main body of super-deep water. Good luck!