• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thought I might share from my daily journal. Vermilion Musky fishing is hot and crazy fun! It shouldn't be long before we see a 60" come out of this lake.  Those big girls are tough to tackle with. Been watching a monster for a few weeks now and I can't wait to feel the power. Plenty of mid to upper 40's to keep me happy though. Big lake...Big fish. Will start posting pics as soon as I figure it out. "If you're feelin' blue..."

• Thumbs Up 4

Agree on the 60" coming from the big V.  Been going to the lake for 47 years and staying on the west end. Muskie encounters were basically non existent until about 10 years ago. Very seldom fish for anything but walleye/crappie/smallmouth but have had numerous run ins with the toothed monster over the past 5 years. Had a guest at Life Of Riley land a 54.5 incher off the beach the end of may. Next day had another 50" + take a 24 inch walleye crossways just as my wife was going to net it. Yes they do eat big walleyes.  It is just a matter of time before someone hooks the big one.

Seems appropriate to this thread that I report that folks are trolling out over deep water for no discernableĺ reasop

Thanks to the guy's in the Grubens resort boat that took the pic. Good timing, I don't usually see anyone back there. Were you guys lost!?

Had one on last night after it hit the bass that hit my senko.  It was on for several minutes but in the end 6 lb fluro leader was no match for the teeth of a muskie.  Estimate was upper 30's. 

It tried.  I think the second time it hit the bass it got the hook and the bass escaped.  

Hard to estimate size when they are moving and in the water.  I didn't think it looked bigger than the 40 inch pike I got a week or so ago.

• Thumbs Up 1