• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hello to All,

My dad and I will be heading up to the Outing area for a long weekend starting Thursday afternoon. Naturally the heat will be here and probably screw a lot of things up in terms of the fishing and water temperatures. Even so, we're coming and going to give it a try. Understandably I doubt I will get any hot spots, but is there anyone in the area willing to share a few ideas in terms of where to catch a few fish over the weekend? We will be targeting more or less anything that is willing to bite and will be trying various lakes so any and all help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance...looking forward to a fun and HOT weekend on the lakes up there!

Fished that area the weekend of the 9th. Found quality fish on the deep side of the pads. Rule of thumb was minnows caught crappie, crawlers caught bluegill.  Pitched some light jigs along edges and caught some crappies but minnows were by far the favorite. Key for us was find pads in close proximity to deeper water.  Maybe even more applicable with the upcoming heat. Hope this helps.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Try some late evening-night deep diver trolling over a few deep water holes with raps. It will be cooler and the fish may be out in deeper cooler water now chasing bait balls.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the advice....got a call Thursday late afternoon from the cabin we were going to be renting and were notified of no electricity/water and that there were trees blocking entrance and laying on the cabin itself. We were refunded the money, and were given Labor Day weekend instead as a replacement. Fished around home and used the extra time to try some new lakes and had some pretty good luck. Thanks again everyone!

Are you staying on Roosevelt lake? I have a friend with a cabin on Leavitt lake and we will be up there Labor day weekend as well.