• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Coming up next weekend and wanted to see if anyone had any reports and was wondering what to use as far as presentations I've never been up in july is lead core something to throw in? I've heard lead core works better in late august? Thanks! 

FM,

Lead core does usually work best in August but will work at times right now also.

Lindy rigs with crawlers is working best for me yet.

Cliff

Why is it that leadcore works better in August,I see plenty of fish at 24 to 30 feet of water but catch very few.. Last weekend I got 2 walleyes at 30 feet on leadcore,one 15 inch and one 27 inch..Some years they bite earlier in the year but usually best in Aug. and Sept..What triggers the bite then? Seems very hit or miss at best..Four years ago caught many fish 22 to 26 inchers...

I was on Big Bay this past weekend hit a few reefs and marked piles of fish over the mud but the bite seemed finicky... if you set the hook after a nibble or two you pulled it right out of their mouth but if you let them take it they spit it after a few seconds.  We were using jigs and leeches.

Off subject question... Did the DNR stop stocking fry in Vermilion?  Only reason I ask is if you look at the stocking reports on the DNR lake finder site they don't show stocking Vermilion since 2014?  did they stock 2015 and 2016?

- Jonny

The DNR supposedly stocks Vermilion with at least 10% of the fry hatched at the Pike River Hatchery every year.

I believe that lead core works better in August because there is less natural food then and the food that is there is bigger.

Cliff

Fellas. Been traveling a bit and have not been up in while. What's going on out there? coming up Wednesday.