• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MN Fishing Guy

Got on the west side yesterday from 10 till 3.  Smallmouth were snapping in 15 - 17 FOW on green tubes with red flakes.  Three 20 inch plus footballs. 20 fish total.  Two came up barfing out crawfish.  Had two incidental google eyes 14 and 15 inches.  All the fish were extremely fat and well fed.  Great day on the water, very few boats.  Shout out to Terry's, great place to launch and close to the action! 

Nice job!

I got out with my bro-in-law on Saturday for a few hours and had half a dozen in the boat out from the south side. My first time on the lake and I'm just not familiar with the deeper structure, so we were fishing shallower, 6-12 feet, with green pumpkin stick baits.  I was a little disappointed in the numbers, but man are those fish fun to catch!  Several other bass boats around and didn't see any other bent rods, so I can chalk it up to just not the "best" location I suppose.

We threw tubes a bit and tried dropshotting a little, but didn't do much there.  All fish were trademark Mille Lacs footballs, but didn't quite break the 20 inch mark on any of them.  The fish we caught were puking up sunfish fry, which isn't surprising given the number of tell-tale sunfish "craters" on the bottom that are left over from the relatively recent spawn.

We'll have to check out deeper next time!  

Edited by DrewFlu33

MN Fishing Guy,  what kind of structure were you fishing in 15-17 feet?

No structure to speak of. Had a light wind from the east, started at about 18 feet and just drifted in to 14.  Picked up a fish or two each pass. Drag and pop, drag and pop. Lather, rinse repeat.