• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Monticello

I have a 14 foot with a short shaft 9.5 I usually fish the Champlin to Elk river chasing Smallies but want to try up by Monticello any tips on where to avoid or what the fishable areas are? Where is a good spot to put in? Not looking for any spots or anything just want to know about any dead heads or spots to avoid how far up you can go up or down from the landing ect...  Its nice to have some sort of an idea when fishing a river

River Terrace used to allow non residents/ campers to launch for a small fee. Avoid the hwy 25 bridge most of the summer from what I remember growing up. Heading upstream was generally ok as long as you look out for the rocks and such. Even then, in low water conditions that can be a trouble area also by Montisippi park. Been probably 10 years now, so my memory is a bit foggy.

Both launches in Monticello can be tough going with a prop, like previous poster said the highway 25 bridge and just upstream is a problem area and going north of Montissippi can be trouble to, but I now some guys make it up to the Nuke plant in props. Clearwater is probably a better bet for going up in a prop boat.