• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi everyone. I am brand new to the forums and am wondering if anyone has any fishing reports and/or tips for Lake Inguadona?

I will be fishing this lake during the last week of June with my son and father-in-law and don't know much about the lake. It looks like it is stocked with walleyes every other year and there are smaller than normal limits on crappies and sunfish...other than that I haven't found much info besides lake maps, etc.

Any tips/tricks or information on fishing Inguadona would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

I have only ice fished it once so I wouldn't be much help for the summer fishing. I know you can get some nice slabs out of there though. I do know that Anchorage Inn has some mighty fine food they have a dock you can tie to and grab a drink and a bite of eat if you wish.  Good luck

• Thumbs Up 1

ZachD, 

Thanks for for the reply. We will be doing some crappie fishing...hopefully we can find a couple slabs. It will be interesting to see if we can find where the hot spots are.

I have actually eaten at Anchorage Inn a few times and agree that they have some really good food. We will stop in a few times for sure during our time up there.

If I were to be fishing end of June there I would target the first drop beyond the weed line 12-22 fow trolling small cranks doing S lines in and out of the deeper and shallow trying to cover water looking for them. Or the same but going slower and pitching tube jigs in both directions looking for them.  But ya you will get some slabs for sure. Hell I will try to hit that lake this month if I can. I will give you a report if I do.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the tips. I figured I would try some tube jigs and maybe some jigs tipped with minnows. We might do some casting for northerns and maybe try some jigging and trolling for walleyes. Based on fish surveys it looks like there are quite a few northerns in the lake, but not a lot of walleye.  

Thanks for the replies...really appreciate it!

• 3 weeks later...

+1 for Anchorage, good stuff! eat there in the fall to break up hunting on slow days..

ZachD gave some good advice and is typically what I'd try to do as well. Good luck, hope you find them!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we are back from a week of fishing on Lake Inguadona. We didn't get out everyday but we put our time in and ended up catching a decent amount of fish.

We couldn't really find any crappies. We talked to some folks that fish the lake quite a bit and they had caught some crappies trolling in about 12-15 ft. of water with minnows, but we just weren't really able to find any. Since we didn't have much luck finding them early on in the trip, we didn't spend too much time trying to track them down later in the week.

We were able to catch pretty much everything else (walleye, perch, northern, bluegill, pumpkinseed, largemouth bass, rock bass, and 1 bowfin/dogfish).

My son was able to land a 27" walleye that was caught in about 15 fow with a jig and leech. We caught other walleye (all under 18"), but didn't find any more big ones. We were able to catch lots of small perch while we were jigging for walleyes, but nothing worth keeping.  We also caught lots and lots of northern pike in weeds/weedlines anywhere from 10-20 fow. Most of the northerns were between 18-24". It feels like this lake contains a large population of smaller northern pike, especially after talking with folks that fish the lake a lot.

We did some fishing for bass and were able to find a few decent largemouth. The largest bass was about 3lbs, but we also caught a few others around 2 lbs. We also caught our share of bluegills and some pretty pumpkinseeds, but nothing really of any size (think the largest was around 8.5"). 

It would be interesting to try fishing this lake earlier in the year to see if we could find those crappies, but I feel like we did pretty well with other fish without knowing the lake and taking into consideration the water temperatures and the time of year.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I will be bringing my family for a week to Lake Inguadona in late June.  We've never been on this lake or in the area but am excited to fish and explore.  Any updates to fishing in the last few years, beyond what has been posted on this site in 2016 &'17?   My son and I enjoy fishing (and hopefully catching) walleye but with my wife and daughter we may try to hit the bluegills and crappie.  I'm sure they'd enjoy landing some Northern as well.  Any advice regarding the fishing and/or the area and attractions is much appreciated. 

Thanks and take care to all!!

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Ruby welcome to the site! Inguadona is a awesome panfish lake. It does have a 10 sunfish 5 crappie regulation put on it because the lake got pounded in the winters for years. It was time some regulations got put in place.  It  some nice panfish to be had for sure produces every year. This winter the bite was pretty good out there! As far as the area some beautiful country up there. I fish a few lakes in that area but ill name a few options for you. Women can be a gem for walleyes if your looking for a good eye option  especially at night trolling cranks. McKeown is one of my sleepers that can kick out some tremendous crappie action from time to time. If you want some decent panfishing outside the realm that gives you that Canada feeling hit Three Island. Its like you traveled back in time. The whole lake is surrounded with state owned woods tucked back in off beaten path, a great option to really relax and enjoy the day . Wont see any jet skis on here ?  Best of luck this summer and let us know how you do. 

• l Love It 1

13 minutes ago, IceHawk said:

Ruby welcome to the site! Inguadona is a awesome panfish lake. It does have a 10 sunfish 5 crappie regulation put on it because the lake got pounded in the winters for years. It was time some regulations got put in place.  It  some nice panfish to be had for sure produces every year. This winter the bite was pretty good out there! As far as the area some beautiful country up there. I fish a few lakes in that area but ill name a few options for you. Women can be a gem for walleyes if your looking for a good eye option  especially at night trolling cranks. McKeown is one of my sleepers that can kick out some tremendous crappie action from time to time. If you want some decent panfishing outside the realm that gives you that Canada feeling hit Three Island. Its like you traveled back in time. The whole lake is surrounded with state owned woods tucked back in off beaten path, a great option to really relax and enjoy the day . Wont see any jet skis on here ?  Best of luck this summer and let us know how you do. 

So icehawk, would it be easier to ask for a list of lakes in Minnesota you DIDNT fish!!?

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN
2 hours ago, smurfy said:

So icehawk, would it be easier to ask for a list of lakes in Minnesota you DIDNT fish!!?

Maybe, they say the land of 10,000 lakes I'm doing my best to hit as many as I can before someday I can't .? Seriously I like fishing a ton of different waters areas and I try to as much as possible lets say I get around. Gas stations love me!  Its always been about the adventure the hunt for me so to speak. Being successful  catching fish is just a added bonus that comes with the hard work. Plus I've learned  the more waters you fish the better angler you will become! ? 

Edited by IceHawk
  • I Like it 1
  • Yayyyy 1

I like checking out new lakes too!? This particular lake must be over by hackysack area, heard the name but never fished it. High school classmates brother had a place on pine mountain.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks IceHawk, really appreciate the information.  I too like to explore new areas and lakes.  I definitely want to try and get into some walleye so will maybe check out Woman, although gotta admit was hoping to catch a few on Inguadona too.  I'll look to inquire with local bait shop just before I go as well.  Thanks again for the info!  Looking forward to checking out this area.

• Thumbs Up 2

IceHawk, or anyone else, any thoughts on Lake Hattie?  I understand it is private so might be tough to get on to fish.  It's a bit smaller but am curious what the fishing may be like?  

Thanks!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Although I never personally fished Hattie and friend I worked with did.  My info is old but they did well on walleyes and panfish.   He got both quantity and quality on this lake.  They accessed it by staying at one of the resorts in the lake.  Sorry but that is all I have other than they got their walleye pulling Lindy rigs. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 months later...

I'll be on Inguadona next week, does anyone have any updates on the fishing recently?  

Also, I'm looking to get on Women lake and fish there at least a day or two to try and get into some decent walleye.  Does anyone have any suggestions or fished it lately?

Thanks!

Ruby the Dog