• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tango

ZachD

Tangos a couple weeks away from coming home from training he is doing awesome. He is still small but he is built solid and he is fast as hell. Trainer said I should definitely bring him to the game fair for the dash for cash. Was raining pretty good so didn't do any field work but took some pictures in the pond.  He did good with working through the decoys last time we were out he wanted to go after them as well but this time he knew what he had to do and get the dummy and not the decoys. Cant wait to hunt him this fall.

WP_20160424_11_17_44_Moment.jpg

WP_20160424_11_17_44_Moment(4).jpg

WP_20160424_11_17_44_Moment(5).jpg

WP_20160424_11_18_40_Moment(2).jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Did you do the fetching training as well or just the first one again

Glad Tango is doing so well!! Is he still the same personality he was before you brought him there ?

We are just doing the basic 8 week training for now.. May go back for advance and force fetch next spring

He defenitly still has his " Tango" personality but much more well behaved! Hes way faster stronger and obedient now for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh and he is a couple weeks away from being 8 months seems like we got him just the other day!

We switch him from the frontline flea and tick to the nexgard flea and tick much easier giving him a chewable rather than the skin application.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for answering my questions. My wife is becoming more open to letting our dog/puppy go to training :). Because    of your reports. 

Did you go see Tango last weekend? 

Yes sorry been busy lately have been on 12 hour shifts everyday. We saw Tango this weekend. He is working on developing his nose. Planted some birds and he did great in his field finding the birds. ( used a 12g with blanks as well and did awesome ) He said he should be twice as good with his nose by next week. It was sure fun watching him get birdy. After that he did a couple retrieves in the water and some off leash walking man he just sticks to your hip. The rest of the time we just sat in the grass and enjoyed being with him!

Next week we are going to do a lot more where we are in control we are going to focus more with my girlfriend because he never really listened to her to begin with haha. (she is afraid he still wont) But I know he will and Jeff reassured her he will sure. 
He is all so going to go through drills and field work we should do at home to keep his training up.

2 more weeks left I am super pumped for him to come back home.

Picking up a duck boat on Thursday as well that way the girlfriend can start hunting too. She was not too keen on the standing in the water with waders idea.

duck boat.jpg

Its nothing special but it will get the job done!

• Thumbs Up 1

How many more weeks of training? I can't wait to hear about this week training.

This week he kept working on him using his nose and man this wee what a difference he got the planted birds fast as he worked him in the field as soon as he got a wiff of one bam he got birdy and right to it.  Then did some retrieves in water and man I love seeing the guy swim. He can work through the decoys so well now even when the dummy is thrown right next to a decoy he just goes straight to dummy without hesitation.

The trainer really liked him too he said that he is one of the best he had for awhile for finding the planted birds and his field work. He said his retrieves are on spot and that If I wanted that I could put him in the advanced program one training without doing the trained retrieve which he usually requires before you can do the advance training.  I am planning on doing that next spring

He also said that he would be a dog that he would want as his own which makes me a happy owner.

Overall I am really happy and pleased with the results  His field work is amazing, his water and land retrieves are awesome, working through decoys, his on and off leash walking, his recalls, and over all basic obedience is on point. Jeff is an amazing trainer you can tell he has a huge passion for the dogs he trains and the whole experience was very good I don't think I would want it any other way.

He has one more week left I pick him up Saturday!

• Thumbs Up 1

Tangos home I think he grew a little bit! He still remembers his favorite spot! Did some retrieves today and he did well I think we will he'd to the pond later to do some water retrieves.

photomagic(1).jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Great photo. I bet it feels good to have tango back home. 

Ya it feels good for him to be home! He acts so much better now he is a big lazy boy in the house but when I put the e collar on him and go outside with the bird dummy he turns on like wild fire! I will be trying to work him as much as I can to keep his training at the same level or better. Today we did some off leash walking around the yard and man he is just glued to my hip. We also did some land retrieves and he loves it. If I didn't stop him he would want to keep going and going. We went to the lake but just as I though the shore was lined with people fishing. So we turned around and went to a small pond by my house which was great until some geese showed up with some little ones. They were eye balling him so we decided to go to a smaller pond that was 50 yards from it and did a couple more retrieves since we didn't want to disturb momma and daddy goose with their kids, We don't need are eyeballs pecked out.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

How are things going now? I still have a little over a month before Finn leaves for training. 

Things are going well today we went to the lake and did some water retrieves. I have to send in my DNR permit so I can get game birds and plant and shoot them at the farm. Should be fun! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Brought Tango to the cabin over Memorial he had fun in the lake and jumped off the dock a couple times. He is still unsure about the dock jumping though most the time he would just run back to shore and go in the water from shore he did jump twice though, Or I can get him to jump in the shallow where he can still land on his feet. I started to let him do that a lot so he gets more comfortable with jumping off. I was planning on stopping at oakwoods and getting some birds but time ran short and never made it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry I have been busy at work lately. Working 12 hour days and weekends until we can get a new hire trained in!

Things are going good with it being so hot we have not been training all that much just having small fun sessions her and there!  I did pre buy  500$ worth of birds at a cheaper rate at a game farm. Should be around 27 birds to shoot over him. I don't know if we will have time to get him to the game fair but I am hoping maybe we can swing by this weekend and try the decoy decoy decoy. The game farm opens end of august though i am excited to see him work some cover and get on those birds I know he will do good.

Oh I also just got back from Alaska last week

12 days of non stop fishing!

V__7B9A.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Aug 29th will be my first time hunting over him .... Will be hunting Golden Meadows with him

Woofta and I went from $500 pre bought birds to $700 what have I gotten myself into. I think he will have some good practice come pheasant opener though.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cant wait to hunt him Monday! I will try and get some Gopro shots and post them when I do. I just have to remember to find it in my duffle bag before I go still have not completely unpacked from Alaska haha.

We never made it even though I live 2 streets away basically ha! Ive been working 7pm to 7am so don't have much free time right now I decided to spend my weekend getting stands ready and mowing the stupid lawn

• Thumbs Up 2

well sorry no go pro this time still have to go through it and delete some stuff to get some free space. But at the game farm we let out 9 birds he found all of them but one and the stupid owner missed 2 so we went 6 for 10 I'm proud of the little guy

WP_20160901_09_52_44_Pro.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Great job Tango !! I am thinking of hitting spots for doves this weekend 

Nice! I'm a little jealous.  I got another year of training before I can hunt behind my pup. I did pick up some pigeons this afternoon to do some live bird training this weekend. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice, yea we got him at a perfect time so we could hunt him this year! his birthday is coming up I think on sept 9th I will have to look at his paperwork for sure though.

That will be fun just make sure to do it when its still cooler out.. Its still been too hot woofta luckily we had a nice morning for it and were able to finish before 10am while it was still nice out.

I think Tango will be pretty good at grouse too as he like to hunt close

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the game farm again today took my fiancée and her dad, Man it was a hot one though! I am not doing too well on remembering the gopro but will for sure bring it next time. But we released 12 birds shot 11 he flushed 13 

Sure glad we had him had one shot deep over sorghum never would have found it if it wasn't for him. Another 2 were winged and running and man Tango is a savage I seen one run by me in thick cover and next thing I see is Tango running full speed behind it jumping and diving head first mouth open.

My fiancée finally shot her first bird too! she got two of them actually which is good because she has been getting flustered grouse hunting the past couple years not getting one. But I told her grouse are the hardest ones to get they frustrate me sometime! But I think this helped her get more confident in her shooting ability so she is pumped to grouse hunt this year too.

Tango did well I am glad they had some ponds around the farm he was happy to jump in to cool off when we rested. I was borderline not wanting to go because of the heat but Tango runs hard everyday and is in awesome shape so I just made sure he had plenty of breaks and water while we were out there and watched him closely brought him in early while they walked by themselves trying to find the ones we missed.

I cant wait to get him out grouse hunting man for some reason I always lose track on were they fall :crazy: Now I don't have to worry about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well me and Tango decided against going grouse hunting today so we shot up to the game farm released 6 birds shot 7 :) good dog

WP_20160923_15_49_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20160923_16_00_00_Moment.jpg

WP_20160923_16_02_39_Moment(7).jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

Going to try and get out Pheasant hunting this weekend hoping Sunday it may be less busy out there during the Vikings game.

Edited_ImageEasyImageEditor_20161018_5.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2