• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's one more update ... just finished a pair of these custom racks. Each holds 27 rods for a guy who builds custom ice rods and wanted a better way to display his work.

Let me know if you need a custom rack for your collection.

27 hole rod rack.1.jpg

twosidedrodrack.1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• 8 months later...

Okay, just started makeing a new 10-rod version ... only $65 plus shipping. Or pick up in Grand Rapids. I have a run coming up this week so let me know if you are intersted!

10 rod oak rack2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I just finished two more of these 10 rod racks ... one is spoken for but the other is available. If you were thinking of getting one, now would be a great time. I could stain it to your spec and put the final poly finish on it and ship it to you in a couple days. Let me know if you are interested.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the rod rack Kevin. Everything I hoped and more.

If anyone needs a rod rack you can't beat these racks. 

No corners cut on these builds.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is the 25 rod rack made for Northlander ... he filled it up quickly with some nice custom-built rods.

IMG_20170211_190656728.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for that Kevin. That's just what I needed.

Folks I like it so much Im having Kevin make me a wall mount rod rack.

Like I said before these aren't cheaply made K mart stuff they are very well made with no cheap parts or corners cut.

Kevin I may have you make me a 25 rod rack for my open water customs. Well maybe just a 20 rod with a tad more spacing for them bigger rods and reels. Especially trolling rods.

Okay Northlander ... here is a sample of a rod rack I made for myself. I'm sure I could use a similar technique as used on your 25-rod rack to get more rods to fit. The open water rod rack pictured here uses 1 x 6 boards rather than the 1 x 4 used on ice rod racks.

Full rod rack 2.jpg

Full rod rack detail.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Northlander - I am headed to buy some lumber needed for various projects tomorrow. Do you want me to go ahead and pick up what is needed to do a 20-rod open-water rod rack for you? I think we could probably do another swap as my open water rods are all getting kind of old and gnarly ... could use a couple new walleye rods! Let me know ... Thanks.

On 2/17/2017 at 7:37 AM, Northlander said:

Thanks for that Kevin. That's just what I needed.

Folks I like it so much Im having Kevin make me a wall mount rod rack.

Like I said before these aren't cheaply made K mart stuff they are very well made with no cheap parts or corners cut.

Kevin I may have you make me a 25 rod rack for my open water customs. Well maybe just a 20 rod with a tad more spacing for them bigger rods and reels. Especially trolling rods.

Steve: Here is the wall rack I built for you ... 10 rods and made of pine. Looks pretty good from my perspective. I hope you agree.

Hopefully this is worth a walleye rod or two? I've already promised one (custom walleye ice rod) to my daughter to give to her boyfriend for his March birthday.

I plan to get that 20 open water rod rack going here soon.

10 rod pine rack.jpg

10 rod pine rack1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

Folks I love these rod racks. Very well built. As a custom rod maker having good rod storage is a necessity and these fit the bill at a good price.

Kevin that double sided one you made me for long rods is always full of custom rods. Thanks a lot.

Thanks Steve ... I appreciate the comments.

BTW, I have a 10 rod (full size) rack, oak, finished and ready for a new home if anybody is looking for one. $125, pick up in Grand Rapids. 1518100718_Rickysrack.thumb.jpg.3b37a923eb9697b8f3a7a2c3f33ec85c.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

Hello I believe I messaged you before.  I own Fox River Lures and Rods and need a 14 rod Ice rack.  7 per side.  unfinished just like this one you did.  I need it asap.  How much?  Can you make it in a way my retailers can assemble it easily rather than having it assembled ahead of time?  Then depending on price I will order more than would not be a rush..  Thank you Chuck DiVito.  [email protected]

ICE RACK.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is the new 20-rod rack just finished for Chuck ... finished and shipped within three days! Not back for a custom-built rack ...

Edited by yoppdk

From one fellow woodworker to another, great lookin racks @yoppdk 

I already have secure homes for my summer rods, but you've inspired me with a ice rod rack build. ?

Edited by Tom Sawyer
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

Hi @yoppdk!

I was wondering if you still make and sell these racks?  I was hoping to get my husband one for Father’s Day if you do.  I really like the one you posted awhile back  (pictured below).icerodrack2.jpg

Just let me know.  Thanks!

Melissa

Yes, Melissa, I can still make those racks. One like this would take 3 or 4 days depending on if I have the wood on hand ... which I am not sure. Either way, we could certainly get it done and to you in time for Father's day. Cost would be $70 plus shipping if needed. You could also pick up in Grand Rapids, if desired. Let me know ... and thanks for looking and contacting me!