• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Come on down..... The unofficial St Cloud get together

Come on down to Riverside park on April 16, for the unofficial St Cloud/ River North get2gether..... We will be meeting at the "beach " again..... "Same spot as last yr". This is a great chance to see some old friends and meet a few new ones. We will be meeting around 1pm and fishing till whenever:) 

We will be fishing for carp, suckers and catfish....so bring hooks, sinkers ,  nightcrawlers and or your favorite carp bait.

The first pic is where the park is, I have it circled.

Second pic is of the two parking areas, one is located at the top of the hill right in the park, the other is located close to the dam and green house....plenty of parking in both places.

The third pic is the fishing spot, there is a small shed located close to the steps leading to the fishing spot...look for the shed, then look for the canoe portage sign. Follow the steps down to the "beach".

20160331_085731.png

20160331_085845.png

20160331_085941.png

• Thumbs Up 4

Nice! I'll be there. I'd like to meet some of these folks.

I'll bring a batch of the stinky carp-balls that I recently described on here.

I work nights (7-7:30a) that weekend, so I won't be there right at 1pm, but I can make it by 3.  

• Thumbs Up 2

It's everyone's secret spot;)

Because those stairs and that sandy beach are so hidden.I doubt anyone who fishes the river in St.Cloud knows about it.LMAO

• Thumbs Up 2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

It was my secret spot 24 years ago. ;)  

• Thumbs Up 2

I still get a laugh every time I think about the shirtless guy with way too much beer...."this is my secret spot, what the h-ll are you all doing here" :)

• Thumbs Up 2

There used to be a guy up north of the HWY 15 bridge that would suntan on the far east side in his birthday suit. Older gent.  We drifted by close  once pitchin tubes for smalies and scared him really good. lol 

• Thumbs Up 1

Way to much info eyeguy 54. Looking forward to the GTG Rick G. Maybe we will see spring by then.

On 4/1/2016 at 10:44 PM, eyeguy 54 said:

There used to be a guy up north of the HWY 15 bridge that would suntan on the far east side in his birthday suit. Older gent.  We drifted by close  once pitchin tubes for smalies and scared him really good. lol 

I remember that guy.  I happened upon him more than once in my old 14' jon boat.  In fact, one of his favorite "sunning rocks" was a great place to whack a few smallies....it only took one "errant" cast with a daredevil to get him moving, though. 

Ya know, now that I think about it, he *did* look quite similar to the shirtless beer-drinking dude whose secret spot we have so ruthlessly exploited. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

that is a good spot when the water is up. bugger to float down when it starts getting low. 

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'll be taking some youth hunters out of chase turkeys that day.  If they whack birds in the morning or are too tired to hunt the afternoon I'll swing by, (after a nap).  Btw, that'a my secret spot from 30 years ago before there where steps.  Used to get into some nice panfish there as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

yepper. look at ricks map smurphy.  You can kinda see the dam in the first pic.  top and just left of the circle.  

• Thumbs Up 1

gotcha!!!!!!!! I would like to try to make it to meet some of ya guys. ya know though if its really nice that day I could get sidetracked around the college though!!!!:cry::grin:

• Thumbs Up 2

Checked out the beach today, water level is just about perfect for our "secret" spot:). Weatherman says high right around 70:grin:. If this hold true, we should have a good day for fishing.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Rick G said:

Checked out the beach today,

Catch anything down there, other than snowflakes? Man I can't believe this spring. Can't wait to take it out on some crappies tomorrow........

shoulda gave it 30 minutes.  might have caught 4... ;) 

I want to go but I have wedding in the afternoon so I will kill a turkey in the morning

• Thumbs Up 2

shoot straight moose. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2

under the kayaks ;)  

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

under the kayaks ;)  

Good luck you guys. Let us know if you run down any big pans.......

my gal wanted fried fish so I thawed gills and we pigged out. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2

I may stop by for the Get together.Depends when Daisy's friends all leave at her bday party.You guys may be gone by then.

• Thumbs Up 1