• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The latest ice status

A group of us are thinking of heading up Wednesday for 3 days of fishing and I was curious if anyone has been out recently.  I talked with Morris Point and they are allowing atv traffic and I seen on Dales report they still have 20-28" of ice.  We have a 6 hr drive to get there and just want to make sure we will get on the ice.

Longtime reader, first time poster...

Arrived at Adrians at 3:00 thursday(3-10) afternoon. Fourmile bay road was pretty rough, rutted and potholed, tough on the truck!! We set up off the main road of Adrians 2 1/2 miles, 32' of water, from Pine Island, 20 plus inches of ice. Caught 9 saugs in 3 hours, 1 17" the rest around 11-12"ers, they loved Red and gold jigs. Friday morning started fishing at 6:30. Bite was the best i've ever had all day!! Saugs on vex constantly, only two wallys, 13" and a 15". Over 50 saugs, it was a blast!! We got our limit and didnt want to travel the road on friday, so we pulled out Saturday AM. I would say ATVs should be good to go still through next weekend, plenty of ice. It was an odd year not seeing many wheel houses, we counted only 6-7. There were less than a third of fishermen out there than previous years, crazy year!! 

• Thumbs Up 1

I know of 4 for sure and possibly 3 other vehicles that went through the ice this weekend.  Travel will be atv's and sleds only.  If we get another good shot of rain tomorrow, the ice will deteriorate even more.  Cracks are very dangerous as are the old plowed roads.  The old plowed roads get potholes in them and the water will eat a bigger hole in the ice.  That is how one of the vehicles went down on the lake.  2 of them just drove where they shouldn't have by the Morris Pt gap.  The pressure ridges are starting to fall in.  The rain yesterday varied around the lake so I don't know how much damage it did.  It is very foggy/misty here this morning and it is supposed to burn off and be sunny and 50 again this afternoon which won't be good for the ice.  Conditions change hourly in these temps.  Please be careful.

• Thumbs Up 2