Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

bdafisher

Late season Mille lacs pike

bdafisher

I was thinking about heading over there Friday to try to snag a few slimers before the ice is gone.  Anyone having success, and will there even be any ice left by then?

leech~~
8 minutes ago, bdafisher said:

I was thinking about heading over there Friday to try to snag a few slimers before the ice is gone.  Anyone having success, and will there even be any ice left by then?

Spent all day today trying to pickup a few crappies and only caught pike if that helps! :(

Trucks still on lake today but no way would I be on there by Friday.  Good luck.

bdafisher

That definitely helps, thanks!

tj417

Leech - What bay were you in and/or what bay would you recommend fishing for pike?  I may try it before ice out as well.

leech~~
10 minutes ago, tj417 said:

Leech - What bay were you in and/or what bay would you recommend fishing for pike?  I may try it before ice out as well.

I was in Isle but any of the bay's are good for Pike.

thescottith

Nice Fish!

fish_hunt_guy

Caught 19 pike out of 24 flags last weekend. 4 guys fished from sunrise to 1pm. All were 30" and smaller.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      I’ve saved dead/dying suckers before.  Pull them as soon as you can and freeze em.  I’ve sprinkled them with salt before bagging and freezing.  Fish them on the bottom. There was a time I targeted big pike with big minnows and would actually kill a minnow before sinking it to the bottom with one of my lines. As with everything, it’ll work better some places at some times, not as much as a live minnow other times.  Later season when pike cruise just below the ice scooping up the dead loss of the winter, suspending your dead sucker a foot below the ice can be your big fish ticket.
    • Mike89
      welcome to the site!!!
    • ANYFISH2
      Love watching the NFL, WWF/WWE not so much! How bout them Vikes!  I hope thing go well thia weekend.
    • ANYFISH2
      Eyeguy, I am jealous.  That is still more fishin' than i have done thia winter. At least we know of a hotspot to try!
    • littlebear
      If you really want to challenge yourself, make the "hook" mostly barbless, which is what one of my kids somehow managed to do. Just aim for the toothiest area.....
    • monstermoose78
      They work
    • monstermoose78
      They are taking trucks in both
    • Zachery Barnhart
      What lake? I'm in Moundsview so I like hearing about visibility nearby.  Struggling to find clear water this year. Poor visibility on Forest, Clear, Centerville so far. WBL has good visibility. But I hate spearing on muskie lakes. Plus, WBL doesn't have big pike per surveys. 
    • carfoutdoors
      The only tying groups I know are here in the Twin Cities, and there are quite a few that gather during the winter months.  I'm not sure of any in the SW near you.
    • carfoutdoors
      Thank you, for the welcome, Eyeguy!
  • Share & Have Fun