• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleye University in Rochester, mn 3/26

I am very excited to be speaking to the folks of Rochester, MN for the first time ever.  It is lone overdue.  Walleye University has been around since 2000 and finally made it here.  Because of advertising rules I am not allowed to share the discounts attendees will receive.  I will say this, the class will more than pay for itself with the $20 gift card and the deals from Berkley.  I hope to see you there.

Johnnie Candle

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

MEDIA CONTACT:

Johnnie Candle

SCHEELS Fishing Pro Staff

World Champion Johnnie Candle & SCHEELS set to Present
Walleye University in Rochester, MN.

Rochester, MN – This marks the 16th year for professional angler Johnnie Candle’s Walleye University series and the first time it will be presented in Rochester.  “Walleye may not be the first word that you think of when you think of Rochester, but maybe it should be?” asks Candle.  “Within a short drive of this city, there are hundreds if not thousands of walleye fishing opportunities.  Surrounded by some of the best walleye fishing in the country and home to one of the best walleye fishing clubs in the country (Walleye Searchers) I am sure this will be a well-attended event.  I can’t wait”

This event covers as much walleye as you can in a day.  The day will start with sessions on the mainstays of walleye fishing; jigging, rigging, spinners, and crank baits.  “I call these the four cornerstones of walleye fishing.  They cover the basics.  Once you understand these foundations, you will become a very consistent angler.”

After lunch will be a presentation on marine electronics. “There have been many new advancements to marine electronics in the past few years.  What was good 10 years ago is hard to even find in boats anymore.  We will discuss why the new technology is so good and I will discuss interpretation until everyone is comfortable with what they are seeing under the water.”

A big part of Walleye University is a question and answer session that will not end until all questions are answered. “I want to make a concerted effort to get everyone’s questions answered.  I have no idea what situations the anglers in attendance are facing so why try to guess?  This way, everyone gets what they want out of the school.  Each question seems to lead to another and before you know it we are out of time.” 

The event will end with a very quick look at some of the hottest new gear available to the walleye angler.  There will also be a drawing for door prizes and each person in attendance will receive a $20 gift card from SCHEELS.

Walleye University in Rochester, MN will be held on Saturday, March 26th, 2016 from 9:30am until 4:30pm at SCHEELS; 1220 12th Street SW, Apache Mall.  To register for the class call SCHEELS at 507.281.2444 or visit in-store.  The cost of the school is $50.

http://experience.scheels.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Walleye-U-Registration-Form_Rochester.pdf