• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How long will ice last

I would say its maybe 2 weeks ahead of last year. Your first picture (4/11/16) is a week later than your second (yesterday's) picture. The ice looks pretty good on 4/11/16 compared to what it looks like now. Yesterday's picture shows its pretty rotten from Flag & Oak north.

It will be interesting to see what it looks like following the warm temps and moderate winds towards the end of this week. I will be surprised if there isn't boat activity in the angle the week of 4/17.

• Thumbs Up 1

We walked out of Graceton over the weekend and the ice is as honeycombed as I have ever been on.  Felt some sagging walking back in on Sunday and that was enough for us to go home a day early.  Fishing was pretty good and I hooked into a big sturgeon that I don't think knew it was hooked.  She slowly took out line for an honest 15 minutes before I tightened down the drag.  Not once was I able to reel up any.

I don't think the ice has much left in her - 1 to 2 weeks.  It was neat being on the ice and seeing boats out on the lake to our east.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looking at the forecast, no wind to speak of until Friday, out of the SSE 15 to 25 mph with rain.  Then on Sunday out of the NW 15 to 20.  A NW wind is usually a beast.  With the gaps, cracks, etc... the ice is sure to be moving about and grinding down.

• Thumbs Up 1

The way the ice was moving last Sunday I thought for sure it wouldn't make it until this weekend. Now I am rethinking that. Couple cooler days and seeing the picture have me thinking otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday's shot, 04-19.  Looks good.  Seems to be some hold out ice west of Rocky Pt.  I look forward to being on the water in a couple weeks!!!!Picture1.jpg.4cf1a70444b3a514cecdb5261b4beca3.jpg

Edited by Hoey
  • Thumbs Up 2