• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thinking of coming up this Friday 29th with wheel house. How much ice and snow is there.? Are there any pressure ridges.? Want to fish North end which public access is best to use.?

Yes, they are. Check my post in Eyes & crappies on Bowstring. Some single axle wheel houses out & a few vehicles as well. We have a place nearby & were out yesterday. Not near as much ice here, < 12", & starting to get some slush on top.

Edited by gunner55
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry, I didn't read your post close enough. We're just off Co. Rd. 35 & that access is the 1 we check most often. It appears that is the 1 most are using but some are coming out of the Northern Acres / Trails End side. There's more like 10-11" of good ice here & with the snow/slush on top it's starting to get a little tougher to get around on the Grizzly. 

7 hours ago, ldbbeck said:

Thanks looks like it would be smarter to wait a week.

With the weeks weather forecast it might take a little while longer if it even gets safe enough this year at all. Sorry to burst your Bubble but I don't think a lot of lakes are even going to hit drivable ( Truck ) ice this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:06 AM, gunner55 said:

Sorry, I didn't read your post close enough. We're just off Co. Rd. 35 & that access is the 1 we check most often. It appears that is the 1 most are using but some are coming out of the Northern Acres / Trails End side. There's more like 10-11" of good ice here & with the snow/slush on top it's starting to get a little tougher to get around on the Grizzly. 

It must depend on what part of the lake your on. Trails End Resort is reporting 14"-!6" where they have there roads and fish house west side. I was over and talked to a neighbor yesterday that's on the NE-E side and he has been finding 16"-17" with 15 of good ice.

• We went off the north access Monday with no problem. Didn't tow a big house but if you stay on the trail you should not have any problem. I would not go where there are no tracks though as there is slush and not as much ice there. Fishing was slow but we did manage a few crappies. Not any monsters but eaters.
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, merc said:
  • We went off the north access Monday with no problem. Didn't tow a big house but if you stay on the trail you should not have any problem. I would not go where there are no tracks though as there is slush and not as much ice there. Fishing was slow but we did manage a few crappies. Not any monsters but eaters.

merc......ya gotta put the beer down and look at the bobber!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P:lol:

Smurfy, I tried that once many years ago and it didn't seem to help so I went back to my old way of fishing. At least it's more fun. We hit a few small lakes this week and had 10" of ice on them in spots.. The lakes that froze over early are the worst for ice. Not going to be much of a spring ice fishing run this year.  

Edited by merc
  • Thumbs Up 3

24 minutes ago, merc said:

Smurfy, I tried that once many years ago and it didn't seem to help so I went back to my old way of fishing. At least it's more fun. We hit a few small lakes this week and had 10" of ice on them in spots.. The lakes that froze over early are the worst for ice. Not going to be much of a spring ice fishing run this year.  

:D:D:grin:

Guess I wasn't clear enough again as we aren't on Bowstring. We're just west of Bowstring, not far from the stop sign on Co. Rd. 35 between highways 6 & 46

Edited by gunner55
  • Thumbs Up 1