• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

South Central gtg Feb 20th 2016!! Cedar lake- Faribault

What: 2016 Fishing Minnesota annual ice fishing get together! 

When: Feb 20th 9am

Where: Cedar lake near Faribault. 

Lunch is provided! Lake country bait and tackle of shieldsville has donated brats and dogs for the 3rd year in a row!! I will bring out my grill for food. All you need to bring is a drink! 

Every year for the past few years we have organized a date for fellow members to get together, shoot the bull, and reel in some fish. Come join us! 

Please RSVP by posting here so we can let Craig know how many dogs/brats we will need. This event is open to all ages,  from 1 to 101, so invite your friend, and bring the kids! See you out there!!! 

• The topic was pinned

If you are planning on attending, please rsvp so Craig knows how much brats he will need to order. 

Every year I intend to make it and every year I have failed.  100% so far.  Mark me down as a yes.

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, BringAnExtension said:

Every year I intend to make it and every year I have failed.  100% so far.  Mark me down as a yes.

Sweet man! Hope to see ya out there. Still deciding between French or cedar (fairbault) I havnt fished either yet this yr. So once I fish em I'll decide. 

I've decided on cedar as the meet up lake, we'll meet at the launch around 9am. And head out to the spot around 9:15am. I'll post a map with approximately where we will be for those that come later (or earlier) 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey folks, we are a week away!! Rain or shine I will still be out. Hopefully the rain will hold off for us. The forecast for Friday is 41, so it might be a little sloppy out there. I hit a deer about 2 weeks ago and currently don't have a vehicle to haul my stuff out til mid next week, so I have not been out to check ice conditions. Here is a map of where we will be if you arrive later then about 9:15am. Remember lunch is provided! Also!! Drive your vehicles out at your own risk, last I was out I mostly saw 15" but as with every lake this year, there was still some soft spots, and with 2 days in a row of 40" Temps the top layer might get a bit soft. I will (hopefully) have my snowmobile out again, and will be able to help shuttle gear and people back and forth from the launch. I'll update the morning of with what ice houses to look for. I just checked the forecast and the rain has changed, high of 40 will make for a gorgeous day on the ice!! Can't wait to see some old faces and meet some new ones!! 

IMG_20160213_004930.jpg

Hey folks,  the GTG is a hit or a miss right now pending how the weather treats the ice. With 40 on Thursday and 50s both Friday and Saturday it may get a little sketchy. I will be going out Friday evening to check conditions and update everyone as well as I'll be the first out Saturday morning, if conditions are bad with lots of soft ice, we will have to cancel and reschedule next year in hopes for a better ice season! But as of now still plan on it happening.  

i was out yesterday an the snow was barly soft.  cant see it getting that bad that fast.  for sure tommarow will be the last day of driving trucks. if the snow melts   it will get messy quick with 50 and wind.   going out again today.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm hoping to have my sun back either tommorrow or Friday, body shop said another day or so before it was finished, I have yet to drive on the lakes this yr, with the way the ice has been inconsistent I have not dared driving out. Tommorrow I have to bang out the wheel hub on the trailer, the deer had smashed it up against the tire. I'm sure it will be fine for sled/atv traffic, I just wanted to make sure it was safe before sending all of us, some kids included out on the ice. Let me know how the ice is! 

GTG is still a go! Landing is a bit wet, but still mostly in tact, lots of trucks still driving out, I'm parked on shore and I'll have my sled with to help drag out gear and people if needed. Just shoot me a Pm, or post here, I'll be checking periodically during the day. Cya out here! I'm in a white murano, and have a red (busted hood)  snowmobile. If you see me say hi! 

• Thumbs Up 2

We will be cooking up some lunch soon for those on the lake. Head over to the Tahoe and snowmobile on the north side of the lake, in between the 2 islands. Can't miss us, follow the smell!! 

• Thumbs Up 1

We arrived a little late but had a great time.  I got my first two pike on tip-ups and my brother in law and I both had fun.  

Thanks again to Mike for putting it all together.

B

• Thumbs Up 1

• The topic was unpinned