• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Went out of High banks Friday thru Sunday. Set up on 14" of ice between 20 and 27 ft. Did fairly well, Fished Friday and Saturday, about 20 eyes and half dozen perch.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Frozenfoot said:

Went out of High banks Friday thru Sunday. Set up on 14" of ice between 20 and 27 ft. Did fairly well, Fished Friday and Saturday, about 20 eyes and half dozen perch.

What size ??

caught 20 or kept 20?

• Thumbs Up 1

There were two of us and we both brought home a limit . Caught and number of walleyes that were out of the slot. They were between19" to 22". Kept a few perch between 9" and 11". Best time was after 7 pm.

Edited by Frozenfoot

Hey Frozenfoot, just curious? I'm assuming you pulled a house out and slept? Did you pull out with wheeler, is the ice in good condition? How far out did you venture? I'm looking to get my new Ice Castle on the ice this weekend, thought about Red but not sure if I can drive out with rig by then, kind of holding out til Friday to make decision. The alternative would be to go to Winnie and drag my side by side with and pull it out with that! Any info would be helpful, thanks

There are people driving out with their vehicles pulling wheelhouses.  The ice is thickening up pretty good. Heading out out of Highbanks this weekend with a friend that's pulling his wheelhouse out there! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Fishwhisperer I am curious as to why you would pull your house out onto Winnie with your side by side and not do the same thing on Red ?

I would take 2 trips because the side by side is too big for the back of the truck. I would be coming from the Federal Dam area so it's about a 20 minute drive to HIghBanks.

Hey fish, yeah, drove out with 1/2 ton pulling wheelhouse. Went out about 1 1/2 to 2 miles. Ice was fine. Never found anything less than 14".

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks frozenfoot, I like to get 4 miles across from Highbanks out to the big hump, the ice should be similar as 2-3 miles out is about middle of the lake? Can't waite, new ice castle so I'm really anxious to get out and spend some nights in the house!

thanks for the info

Fish, Highbanks did have there road out 3 miles and said they had 14" out there, but we got there late Friday night and didn't feel like driving out that far in dark. I'm sure by this weekend 3 - 4 miles out to those humps will be easy to get to. good luck

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Brother n law was just up there with son and daughter in a sleeper. tuesday noon to thursday noon.  3 slot fish, a few eyes in the 15 to 16 inch range to bring home, a few perch and yesturday a.m. a dandy 27 inch eye.  might try it again in a week or so.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 6:03 AM, Frozenfoot said:

Hey fish, yeah, drove out with 1/2 ton pulling wheelhouse. Went out about 1 1/2 to 2 miles. Ice was fine. Never found anything less than 14".

if your going out of highbanks this weekend, i'd call them first. my wife said highbanks posted on facebook I believe thurs that they are not allowing wheeled houses out of there access until further notice. apparently a crack appeared out on the access and they need it to heal. not sure if they opened it back up but that's the last I heard!

As I stated on another site, Highbanks is not the only resort on the lake with road access.  My buddy went out of Denny's today with no problems.  Don't let a crack on the east side ruin your trip. Go out on the south side and have a good weekend!

Also you can check out the birches depending on how the crack runs I don't think theres probably

a lot of snow up there

just a thought

I think sunset or one of those resorts over there plow a road out kinda along the north

not positive but call ...

Edited by gregg52
add ing to topost
  • Thumbs Up 1