• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Anyone been out on Pelican yet? Would like to get up there with the sled and porty soon.

No ones been on the ice out there yet? Not even out past the break in front of Breezy? :(

Wheelers have been driving out of the south access for quite some time now.  Saw one small pickup riding the shoreline a week ago.

Hey leech. Had the wheelhouse out since last Thursday before this cold snap. I have 11 inches measured under the house and found no less than 8 anywhere on the way out. Good solid ice. Slooowwww fishing though.

Edited by riffraff
add more info
  • Thumbs Up 2

I was also out 2 weekends ago.  Went out from the south access with the small wheel house and atv.  8 inches of ice everywhere we checked.  I do agree on the slow fishing though! 

Thanks for the reports guys. Hope to get up there soon. Any ridges popping up yet like across Gooseberry?

Great, save me some! ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Its slow everywhere and this cold snap is helping the ice conditions but not helping the Bite !!!

Do you do much fishing around home Riffraff ?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Weathertite said:

Sounds a little Selfish Leech !!!!;)

My moma always told me asking people to "share" was not selfish! ;)  Now if I said leave some for me darn-it! That maybe a little selfish. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Great, save me some! ;)

Don't worry leech it looks like I'll be saving you plenty today.;)

Do you do much fishing around home Riffraff ?

Breezy is home. I don't live on Pelican but my fish houses have spent 30 some winters there.:)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

My moma always told me asking people to "share" was not selfish! ;)  Now if I said leave some for me darn-it! That maybe a little selfish. :P

You should have said save some for the rest of us !!!!:lol:

You should have said save some for the rest of us !!!!:lol:

Screw the rest of yous!  I know right where to get them all just for me!  If you see a Clam Voyager behind a Arctic Cat Panther out in the middle of no where, just stay the heck away from me!!!!!!!!!!! :/   :P

• Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Screw the rest of yous!  I know right where to get them all just for me!  If you see a Clam Voyager behind a Arctic Cat Panther out in the middle of no where, just stay the heck away from me!!!!!!!!!!! :/   :P

Good Luck Leech , I hope you get what you are looking for . Do you fish much around the Breezy Pt Area is what I was asking you earlier ?

Good Luck Leech , I hope you get what you are looking for . Do you fish much around the Breezy Pt Area is what I was asking you earlier ?

I unload at Breezy and then go way out past Gooseberry there are a few spots that I do well on-sometimes! ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Weathertite said:

Thank you

Do you have a sled and porty? Maybe some weekend I may see you out there if you do.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Weathertite said:

Wheeler and porty , Would that make it depending on snow depth ?

Deeper snow and drifts are killers for wheeler but I do see them out there when it's light snow or packed well.

Edited by leech~~
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the information , I actually would prefer to fish smaller lakes so I guess your fish will be safe from my hooks. Best of luck to you Sir and hope your fishing is very productive for you.

Thanks again Mike

• Thumbs Up 1

Drove by the Jones Bay access last night and there are a ton of houses out that way.  They say 8-10" of ice, no ones driving to there houses that I saw. 

Thinking of hitting Pelican next Sat & Sun for a two day sled porty trip. If you see this rig out there stop and say hi. Or if you have a sled and porty and want to bang around the lake next Sat or Sunday let me know.  :)

IMG_1647.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 2:41 PM, riffraff said:

No pressure ridges yet at all. Sitting out here now as a matter of fact....

Hey riffraff, any ridges pop up now after this cold snap? Will be heading early Sat morning and don't want to run into a big white wall some where! :(

2 hours ago, Weathertite said:

Is that bucket full of fish Leech ?  I am not tall enough to see over the edge .

Nha, I carry all my rods and tackle boxes in that. That was out on Mille Lacs last year. Caught about 15 Walleyes but all small ones, so kind of a fun first outing for the year but no keepers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oddly enough the ridges are not there this year. Not sure about the one that comes off the north side of island though as I use the city access on the west side (Piney Way).

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

Oddly enough the ridges are not there this year. Not sure about the one that comes off the north side of island though as I use the city access on the west side (Piney Way).

Good news. Hope it stays that way.

• Thumbs Up 1