• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

East Rush locked up last night! It got down to 6Deg last night.Looks like temps bellow freezing the next few days. with alittle luck could be fishing soon

I love your Positive Thinking !!!   Don't look at the extended forecast because I think that you might be disappointed. Sorry

• Thumbs Up 1

All that I can say is that if any seriously thinks that any ice near the metro area is safe enough to be on you are sadly mistaken. I certainly hope that people have better judgement than that. I am not trying to harp on this point but it just HAS NOT been cold enough for making ice. You don't have to listen to me , But please be smart in your decision making and keep yourself Alive. Theres always another day to fish.    Mike

• Thumbs Up 2

Saw a couple people on green lake! Theres no way that is safe. It only locked up within the last couple days. They even had a small child with them....some people. Like Mike said above, there is always another day to fish

• Thumbs Up 1

people out on east rush yesterday morn! 9 people out on the channel of Chisago one guy was using a hammer to make holes! That seems safe. I will check ice thickness on East Rush today and let you know what we have.

• Thumbs Up 1

Any Intel on west rush? Looking to get out Xmas eve. .. Hoping we get a few inches the next two days. :) Thanks in advance. 

Check the ice on East Rush Monday afternoon 1.5 - 2 inches was the thickest I could find. Four hits with the chisel and I was through the ice.I will not be out anytime soon! Its raining right now and melting the ice.I guess the perm isn't going out this year.

On December 23, 2015 at 11:00:52 AM, riverman said:

Check the ice on East Rush Monday afternoon 1.5 - 2 inches was the thickest I could find. Four hits with the chisel and I was through the ice.I will not be out anytime soon! Its raining right now and melting the ice.I guess the perm isn't going out this year.

4 hits with 1.5-2"?? Time to sharpen that chisel. My rule of thumb is 1 hit. If it goes straight through, it's too weak. Usually means 2" or less. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I heard unconfirmed reports of 5" on West Rush today. Can anyone confirm or deny this? It's more than I was thinking.

i was on east rush on the 20th 21st and 22nd and i measured 2.5 to a few 3 3/4  inches 

and that was spudding every step of the way from the public acces going towards the 15 foot hole 

did alright on monday afternoon caught about 15 perch and 2 walleyes otherwise skunked on sunday and tuesday

on the 19th i checked the access on west and there was maybe an inch 

wests acces was about the same as horseshoe and fish lake, i might check horseshoe today since ill be heading that way 

On 12/23/2015, 11:00:52, riverman said:

you might of been going a little to far north of the landing or something, it took me a little bit to find were more ice was but it was almost a straight line out towards the first point were everyone  puts there houses at.

once i got close to getting out of the bay it got to 2.5 inches, was fishing on just over 3.5  inches of ice on monday stayed in the bay in like 12 feet of water

I live on the west shore on East been checking ice straight out from my place drilled 4 holes on the 25th found 4-4.5 inches.one wheeler on the Lake! going to start my ice fishing season finally!

i had almost 5 inches today were i was set up at, snow didnt do to much damage to the ice on east yet, had a little over 3 inches it looked like on horseshoe, gonna try horseshoe in the am and see if its better then east rush right now

My daughter and I were hoping to fish Rush on January 1 as is our usual tradition.  Do you all think that it will be safe?  We will be walking for sure.

Went out to horseshoe  yesterday  morning  was a couple  3 1/2 inch spots but mainly  4 to 5 maybe  a little  over 5 in spots. 

The ice is a little weird like it almost froze lower then the lake in spots cause  spudding  my way out I had water come out of the whole in a few spots. 

East rush was about the same ice thickness wise just  creeping over 5 inches there. sept  more of a powdery snow. Horeshoe has maybe  2 inches of hard crust on it

Also the bight  was super slow and inconsistent  on Horeshoe which is really weird for it being "early ice." 

Went out early yesterday morning and fished till 11 am. Ended up with 5 keeper crappies and caught 3 perch  

They would come up in a school stay around and look really interested then  not bight and leave 

• Thumbs Up 1

Fished East today 5 inches of ice. Tried some of my go to spots with very little to show. Marked fish could get them to follow but not bite. Heading to chisago tomorrowI hope its better

Riverman. The Only thing that was really  working for me was a minnow  head on a plain hook just off bottom and a buckshot with  a head on it jigging about 5 feet off bottom  they weren't jumping out of the hole  but that's the only things that's produced for me so far this year. Altho I haven't gone to my  spots yet on east since that's way to much walking for me lol

34 minutes ago, riverman said:

Fished East today 5 inches of ice. Tried some of my go to spots with very little to show. Marked fish could get them to follow but not bite. Heading to chisago tomorrowI hope its better

Riverman-

Where did you access on East? I am heading up Saturday morning.

23 hours ago, fridron said:

Had 4.5 south of the island by the ramp on West Rush. Can't believe I had to pick up trash this early.

Thanks!  I will be out there tomorrow.  I am hoping the language would be a little more under control.  Nothing like listening to f-bombs fly when you are there with a 9-year old girl.

• Thumbs Up 2

MrSchrute I started the day from my house then loaded up drove to Flickabirds. Fished Chisago yesterday and had better fishing came home with 14 nice gills

• Thumbs Up 1

Any new ice reports. Likely heading up on friday night or Saturday morning. Hope it's not a zoo already.

Edited by chevy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Welcome to the FM Family Chevy and good luck fishing. Stay safe out there and let us know how you did and also an ice report.

Thanks in advance

Mike