• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice Season

Saw a few guys on the ice on a Wright county lake yesterday, while I saw another guy out in his boat on another lake. 

It's coming -  Be safe all.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well this snow and the warm temps sure aren't helping! What lakes are still open? At least we know those will freeze good once it does get cold.  Beebe was mostly open Sat except for the bays. Charolette was also open. Anything that had ice wont be good now.  Darn weather.

44 minutes ago, JuanArellano said:

I'm about to have serious metal problems if it don't get cold...

this warm weather is also affecting your spelling ( mental ) cold weather is on its way . Lol

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, JuanArellano said:

no sleep has to be the problem

Is it the Nightmare of No ice on the lakes that keeps you awake ?

Finally looks like some cold temps are on the way end of next week. Sure would be nice to at least get a little ice fishing in before January.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 more boats on buffalo Saturday.  I'm guessing they are slamming the eye balls in the early ice spots.  Damn it.   Anyone got room?  :)

I know right. I thought about getting the boat out myself. Now they are talking mid 30's next week after a couple of cold days!! Lame!

Actually if you look at the extended forecast you will actually see a lot of upper thirties and low forties over the extended period. Might not get a good ice season this year. Sure hope they are WRONG ( as usual ) .  Mike

15 hours ago, Parmer said:

I know a few guys were out on Schmidt lake last week not sure it's still safe though.

For a boat it would be! I drove by it on Sunday and it was open. Green Mountain had some skim ice yet, but couldn't of been much ice. Steele even had open spots and looked thin. Next couple days look good, but like others said, then it looks like warmer temps again.

Even as bad as weather was yesterday, there were a couple of boats out on Buffalo........And the long range forecast does not look good for us that want hard water.......Im gonna get the boat out again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Left for work at 4am today.....Looked like Buffalo was glazed over?......Might just have a day or two to fish before it opens up again....LOL!

14 hours ago, Weathertite said:

YEAH , but for how long ?

Looks like only til Sunday morning, but at least it isn't 40 out now. Hopefully the wind lets up some.

Checked today on a few lakes. Most I found was 2.5-3in. Beebe and Schmidt were open Friday night, but now are frozen. Pretty thin though, at least for me.

Lol!

Pushing 40 Tues and Wed. No lows in the teens until next Saturday night. It will be January for me at this point unfortunately. This blows!

Edited by fishersofmen

4 hours ago, Richj said:

Watched the first two guys walk onto Buffalo last night....Chiseled holes and were fishing pretty quick.

That's because the ice is nowhere near being safe !!!!

Lol! Im on board all the way....Im itchin to go.......Trax are on the three wheeler and all the gear is strapped on.........Just not safe enough yet for me.

To the guy in the portable on the east end of Pleasant Lake this AM on my way to work in Annandale,

Cmon MAn!!!! that was LIQUID 24 hours earlier... Don't be that guy just to say you were first guy out...

Folks on buffal walking and drilling all over the place..... Gonna go try it this afternoon I think....... Before the snow comes and wrecks it.