• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was out bass fishing on Vermilion a few months ago when the wind picked up. I fished several bays out of the wind and wound up catching Smallmouth but the average size was small. So I switched up my tactic and started targeting main lake/wind blown points and shorelines. Power fishing wasn't putting many fish in the boat so I pulled out the Dropshot rod and started finessing them. I wound up catching a bunch of fish and even hooked into some fish approaching the 5lb mark!

Could have used some explanation and narration. And all that wind noise?

Nice fish, anyway.

Edited by delcecchi

10 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Could have used some explanation and narration. And all that wind noise?

Nice fish, anyway.

Fishing in the wind, is going to give you wind noise. I used to not run any sound in my videos and cover it up with music but now I tend to like to leave the natural sound in the videos and leave out the music. I leave explanation/narration in some of my videos but didn't think this one needed it (maybe I was wrong) - just wanted to show a few decent Bronzebacks.

1 hour ago, mbeyer said:

does does shot weight matter? Length of leader? What type of plastic matter?

I would say a lot of that comes down to personal preference. I tend to use 3/16oz drop shot weights and I'll up to a 1/4oz if I'm fishing deep. I prefer to use the Teardrop style in weeds and the Pencil style while in rocks over the round weights. I usually don't put too much thought into my leader bit keep it around 1.5ft. If I'm fishing really clear water I will put a little more length into the leader. In regards to Plastics you can use just about anything on a dropshot rig and catch fish some of my favorites for Bass are Roboworms, Senko's wacky rigged, KVD Dream Shots, Twitch Tail worms. I have used leeches and live minnows and caught Walleye's as well. It's a pretty versatile technique and I urge you to try it next season! 

• 4 weeks later...

Nice video.  It got me to subscribe to your youtube channel. I see you are in shorts, when did you record this video?

This video gets me itch'in to do some fish'in.

19 hours ago, 97procraft said:

Nice video.  It got me to subscribe to your youtube channel. I see you are in shorts, when did you record this video?

This video gets me itch'in to do some fish'in.

Thanks man! This was back in July, the footage sat around unedited for a while. I'll be putting out most ice videos within a week of filming them so they'll be current.