Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Rick

7 Ice Fishing Facts To Help You Catch Early Season Panfish

2 posts in this topic

Matt-Johnson-Crappie-2-1024x761.jpgHave you ever wondered why crappies and sunfish, during early season ice fishing aren't in the same locations as they were the previous year. Maybe you had an experience where you were on an awesome bite one day and the next everything was gone. What happened?

Here are some clues and a number of facts that may help you and if you want to factor them into your ice fishing equation maybe these pieces of the puzzle make your ice fishing season more enjoyable.

7 Ice Fishing Facts To Help You Catch Early Season Panfish

What do YOU think?

2 people like this

I found a few folks out ice fishing in the Brainerd area and a bit south. Also received a nice pic from Chad Peterson of HSM icing a walleye.

received_892785540829604.jpeg

3 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• 1eyeReD
      By 1eyeReD
      Simple question and don't give up your hotspots:
      You think crappies will be reachable by shore yet? By this weekend? It's gonna be nice, but a little windy. I'm heading out with the kids and we'll be hitting a few shore spots on different lakes within the same latitudes as the twin cities,  but just outside of the cities. Just curious what you all think based on your findings or experience.

• jb_bobber
      By jb_bobber
      Anyone know if there's a shore bite going on in the Annandale area?
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      I know the lakes are open and that means some the first open water fishing spots are producing. Any one out there catching em yet? I will be riggin the ultra light up today so I can stop on my way home from work.  
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      I know the lakes are open and that means some the first open water fishing spots are producing. Any one out there catching em yet? I will be riggin the ultra light up today so I can stop on my way home from work.  
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      Went to a small lake up around Mille lacs lake and found 20-28 inches of ice. The access looked like some busted it up, so eyeguy and I walked out. We caught bluegills and crappies on plastics. It was windy and cold but we got a few nice ones. 

• CarterJohn
      By CarterJohn
      Hello everyone I'm just looking for fishing reports in the BWCAW, Ely area. Thanks all
    • Sherman
      I'll be out this wknd and got 3 spots to try out so still debating which one will be the ticket. The past couple weeks I've been getting some while crappie fishing.  Going to be shore fishing so FYI the water level is pretty high right now with all the rain from few weeks ago. A wader would be handy if you have one.  Good luck n be safe out there.
    • Thulie
      Found a half dozen good size crappies on Clear Lake in Waseca Sunday.  Just off the bottom in 8 feet of water, minnows under bobbers.  Water temp was 58 on the east side of the lake, which was a full degree above the rest of the lake.
    • eyeguy 54
      yepper, almost 30 between the 2 of us in the slack water next to fast water. kinda hard to fish in that fast water when it's moving so fast...  
    • Tom Sawyer
      We were using both, but the number of fish caught was definitely based on..... location, location, location - slack water during high flows is where it's at buddy.
    • eyeguy 54
      I remember when I first moved to MN I went down to the dam with a buncha angleworms. Coudnt keep the smallies off. LOL