• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Biggest Sturgeon ever in my boat

curt quesnell

Fishing wasnt fast and furious but if you hung in there you could get it done.and the weather was great over the weekend.

Big Lake of the Woods Perch bit as well as the Walleyes and Saugers and I didnt complain at all.  Sunday morning my Uncle Ron

and I tag teamed a 41 pound Sturgeon for 45 minutes.  It was a great fall weekend.

If I have a tip at all it is to stay put.  Dont be running all over, pick the best spot you know of and stay there, the fish will come.

big perch.jpg

big sturg.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

That is a good sized sturgeon Curt. Did you get a length on it? I saw you out there on Saturday, we left the harbor right after you in the morning. You had a bit of company off an on throughout the day :).Sounds like you did about the same as we did. They weren't biting like gangbusters but if you put in your time and stayed with it you caught a decent mess of fish. Not as good as we have experienced in previous fall trips, that is for sure, but still fun and the weather was great. We caught 10 or 12 nice size perch too. Also, we caught 4 smallmouth bass. In all the years that I and my dad have fished the south end of LOTW we can count on one had the number of smallies we have caught, then we catch 4 in one day? Weird. Hopefully the bite turns on more in the coming days. We closed down the cabin for the year unfortunately so we won't be out in the boat on LOTW until next spring. Good luck to everyone who fishes through the end of the open water season. 

The Sturgeon was 55 inches long. It was so big around I dug out the scale because I knew it was hefty.  We caught a pike each day in that 25 inch range and that is odd also.

Nice, 55" is a good one. We did get one sturgie in the boat this weekend. Not a giant, about 40 inches but still fun on walleye gear.

IMG_0494.JPG