• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just a reminder - Public meetings regarding 10 sunfish bag limit proposal on six lakes in the Little Falls Management area. 

Lakes being proposed are Long (Higgins), Moose and Maple lakes in Todd County, Green-Prairie Fish and Sullivan lakes in Morrison County and Platte Lake in Morrison/Crow Wing counties. 

September 8th 7-9 PM at the Club of the Pines- 21900 370th Ave, Hillman, MN 56338

September 9th 6-8 PM at the Long Prairie City Hall - 615 Lake St S Long Prairie, MN 56347

Whether you are for, or against any proposal, we want to hear your opinions and take your comments. If you can't make the meeting, feel free to go to the website for more information on the biology and contact information.  http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/areas/fisheries/littlefalls/events.htm

BLG.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I all honesty I don't see why this isn't a STATEWIDE limit reduction.  10 fish is a lot of fish, granted if you are keeping the smaller gills it's not as much meat.  But most of the folks I know who target gills for a meal usually have a few more folks in the boat so that adds up.  I wish there was an easy way to get a "slot limit" of some nature for gills.  Because even just 10 fish is a huge hit on the lake when you find a honeycomb cluster with 8-10" spawners and you take a limit.

• Thumbs Up 1