• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Namakan 7/25,,,,,,,,,

Got setup the 25 th at noon.  HOT HOT!!!!     MAin lake temps were up to 81 today.   Only fished 7-9 today and got a 20. 20 25 and a 22.   Spent th rest of the day swimming and tubing.  Lots of ripe blueberries.  

• Thumbs Up 2

You did better than we did on Kab last week. Hardly any walleyes caught at our resort. I actually never even caught one. Fished a lot in Lost bay, Sugar bush and Ritchie..... I tried trolling 10-24 w/spinner, minnow. Drifting with crawler and lindy but no eyes... I thought about going over to Namakan but targeted Lost instead. Only so many hrs in a day. Still love the lake and had a good time.

Going back up on 8/8. Hopefully I can get in them that week.

Bill

Bill,

i would think about heading down to Namakan for at least a day on your next trip.  

The eyes are definitely on the reefs here. Yesterday was 87 and it was 88 last I looked. I fished for 1.5 hours this afternoon and got 3 fish all too big (22.75,22.25,23.75).  My son and his buddy did get a couple smallies on a wood run so they are getting filleted   

Surface temps were back up to 80 on the big parts of Namkan today and no lower than 77 all the way up to Kettle Falls.   The biting flies are pretty bad, ankle biters, deer/horse flies are all out

Gotta find some eaters tomorrow early before the rain!!

Got back yesterday afternoon.  Final notes.....  Was finally able to find a spot with eaters on it on Tuesday.  Within 1.5 hours my wife, son, and his buddy had landed 7 nice eaters along with a 18" for my son (i baited hooks, untangled lines and manned the trolling motor LOL)  Along with the two bass we had a nice fishfry Tuesday night.  Fish were all caught on leeches in @29' of water on a rock reef near deep water.  Marked fish down to 35' but with the wind was hard to stay on bottom.

Did I mention the wind??  OMG, it picked up Tuesday afternoon and gusted S-SW until we packed up and left at 10 wednesday morning.  Scary wind all night long as our site (E. Wolf Pack) was directly pounded by the winds.  never slept a wink as I was worried about trees coming down and the screen tent ending up in Canada.  Gusts were over 40 consistently. Straightened out metal hooks, pulled out a couple metal stakes and made tearing down and packing up a general pain.  Oh, and when we left the surface temps had dropped from @ 80, all the way down to 73.

Didnt talk to other campers but really very few folks were fishing with the temps, most were looking for a beach to hang out on for the day.  Will be back up in 3 weeks for another 4 days on our annual "guys" trip.