• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

https://soundcloud.com/ncor/ncor-5-4-joe-henry

Lake of the Woods is just laying there waiting for us to get out on Saturday. Joe Henry from LOW Tourism figures it ought to be a barn burner

Here is the first of 85 new and unique NCOR Podcasts

Edited by Rick

Cannot wait to get up there!! Hope opener is good. I will be up on the 24th. I am hope the lower water levels will not affect the walleyes. Good luck to everyone on opener!!

https://soundcloud.com/ncor/ncor-5-5-paul-johnson

Paul Johnson sets up the weekend out of the Rainy River on this NCOR podcast. It has been a decent bite in the River this spring so we know the fish are there. It is a good conversation to share with everyone excited about the big opener......

There has been talk here on FM about how to properly transport Walleyes. Has there been a change? A look at the regulations book would indicate that there has been. Local CO Jeremy Woinarowicz did some investigating and shares what he learned on this NCOR Podcast....

https://soundcloud.com/ncor/ncor-5-8-and-9-dnr-opener

How was the opener for you.  Over all I think it was a hit!  Nicer weather on Saturday made it easier to stay out and chase em.

Joe Henry from LOW Tourism hosted a meeting with all the players on LOW last week and part of the day included an update on the Status of the Fishery presented by DNR Fisheries office in Baudette.  A good listen on this NCOR Podcast

• Thumbs Up 1

Fishing was marginal at best from all the reports I heard and it was snowing at 10 am.  There were a few guys that did ok but overall wasn't that great.

I agree with Ballyhoo, there were reports of pockets of fish here and there and people who had better luck but overall the general concensus was that the fishing was slow at best compared to the past 2 years certainly. Lot's of boats scattered everywhere and the Rainy river was basically a race course with boats running up stream and down stream and everywhere in between searching for fish. Slightly better reports from the lake side however it got pretty bouncy out there mid day. Conditions were chilly and windy and over all not that nice.  Most everyone i talked to brought in anywhere from 2 to 6 fish totals, talked to one charter captain who had 14 fish for 6 customers and tried over 10 different spots. Water temps were in the low to mid 50's and clarity was marginal. Looking forward to some nicer more stable weather!

• Thumbs Up 1

Decent weather and good fishing on opening day Saturday on Lake of the Woods, but where were the fish?

Looks like pretty much everywhere.  Dave Halvorson, my radio partner, was sitting out in the Morris Point Gap near the spot he caught a Walleye over 12 pounds a few years ago.  We talk about how good the next 6 weeks are going to be on our favorite lake.. It is all here on this NCOR Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/ncor/ncor-5-12-dave-halvorson

Edited by curt quesnell
  • Thumbs Up 1

It did snow a little in a squall around 10 am but the wind stayed tolerable all day.  I talked to a couple of people who said it was real slow but you know how it is someday you just cant set up on top of the fish no matter what you do.  We caught 22 fish Saturday 8 dinks, 6 good keepers and 8 slot fish.  That isn't a 100 fish day but it is sure decent and the win.  If you weren't using a jig and minnow sittin' still you probably should have been.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you are making plans for the weekend, listen to what Nick Painovich has to say about how things went over the weekend at Zippel Bay.

• Thumbs Up 1

When you see someone struggling on the water how you handle the situation can make a huge difference.  On this NCOR podcast I share some ideas along that line.....

• Thumbs Up 1

Great Show Curt.. If more people used this philosophy it makes the experience much more enjoyable.. For the most part, people do help a person in trouble, but to help them with the fishing is what we all SHOULD DO.. Thanks for bringing it to our attention again.. Good Job!!!  

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Kaz,

For some reason yesterday morning I was thinking about a guy who gave my Dad and I some tips on the water when I was just a little kid.  The way the guy offered to help us was perfect, what he told us panned out and the day was better because of it, and many days since.

When you help someone have a better day, you will have one too.  I sat down to take some notes and pretty soon I had the show ready to go.

See you soon, I hope

Curt

From one end of the lake to the other what hot spots are worth hitting this weekend (if you can fish at all)on this NCOR Podcast

• Thumbs Up 1

Joe Henry was at the NW Angle when I got him on the phone this morning. We talked Sturgeon fishing and how and where and when Walleyes are biting.  Heading to the lake for Memorial Day? Dont miss these podcasts this week..

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is what LOW Charter boats have been doing the last few days. Nick from Zippel Bay has been from Light House Gap to Twin Islands and spills the beans for you right here

• Thumbs Up 1

Good news on this NCOR Podcast...the weather is finally stable and will stay that way into the weekend. Johnnie Candle talks about why it is time to get excited....

• Thumbs Up 1

Have a great weekend....This NCOR Podcast will help you with your game plan

• Thumbs Up 1

Boats are running all over the lake and fish are coming in from all the regular hot spots.  Joe Henry on this NCOR podcast talking about who is catching what and where.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spent Tuesday at Sanford Medical Center having Skin Cancer dug out of my back...not a huge deal but what would have happened if I hadn't gone to the screening event a couple weeks ago.  Listen to this NCOR Podcast, share it with your friends and go get checked for skin cancer....

• Thumbs Up 1

https://soundcloud.com/ncor/ncor-5-29-30-weekender

The water is cleaning up and that will go along way to catching more fish this weekend.  Paul Johnsons charter boats have been out and he shares what has been working this week.  He also gives an update on the Girls Gone Fishing entries and it is a pretty big number.  A good way to start your weekend is this NCOR Podcast

You know the fish are there and they just dont bite...might be time to move but, try a couple of these little tricks from Joe Henry and maybe you get em going with the big move.  Good Listening on this NCOR podcast

Take some notes as you listen to Nick Painovich as he tells us where Zippel Bay Charters and Guests are fishing this week.

• Thumbs Up 1

June is a great time to expand your abilities, the fish are hungry and biting and easy to catch several different ways.  Johnnie Candle is on the show today talking about the importance of having a deep bag of tricks.....

Gain some confidence in a new technique now during the early summer bonanza. This the perfect time to hone your skills.....

More details on this NCOR Podcast

River Bend charters boats fish almost every day and follow the bite on LOW as good as anyone....Paul Johnson shares what's going on as the weekend approaches.  Listen to this Podcast before you head out....

How long do your sit not catching fish before you pull the plug and move or chance tactics?  It is the million dollar question and I ask Joe Henry what he does and when...On this NCOR podcast

What a great day for the 58 women entered in the 3rd annual Girls Gone Fishing Tournament at River Bends Resort. Interviews with the winners and other competitors right here on this NCOR Podcast