• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Unofficial St Cloud get-together?

Stick in Mud

A few years ago a couple of us got together at a super-secret hot spot somewhere on the Mississippi south of Lake Itasca. I say "super-secret" because, as some of you will remember, there was a (shirtless) gentleman there who was very upset that we had gathered at his spot...and he was, apparently, the only one who'd ever found it.

It was my first time meeting Tom, and Rick showed up, Jeremy, too, along with pushbutton and pushbutton, jr., who I think hooked the biggest fish of the trip that (alas) got him wrapped up in a tree and escaped.

I think it'd be fun to dunk some crawlers and catch up with some of y'all, and maybe meet a few new guys. Any interest in a get-together?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eyeguy 54

• Rick G

• Tom Sawyer

• JP Z

Am always game to be mean to worms after ice out. Since we last got together with the quite agitated gentlemen and his secret spot, joined the 12 step cheater eyewear program, have at least reached the point of acceptance, been tying much better knots, and would love to set Jr. up with a rematch. Looks like we are still a few weeks out, but Jr. and I have been hitting up some playgrounds/secret spots in sauk rapids and the shore ice is only about 4 or 5 ft out in one particular super secret big rock spot, and have been tempted to needlessly drown a crawler. They are Canadian after all.......

Should we just watch the weather and water temps before deciding? I'm guessing this weekend will be a little early, but the weekend after would work for me.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

line it up smile if that secret spot guy is tall and skinny and older than dirt and more than shirtless.... be careful !!! . laugh wear very dark sunglasses next time pushbutton!

I can look scary if I need to

dont want to see the guy with brown streaks! lol

What is the fish of the day during this GTG? Any minnow eaters mixed in with the crawler eats there? wink Oh, I forgot. Do you have to be from the Cloud to go? frown

we can vote to see if you are allowed to come to this area laugh

we can vote to see if you are allowed to come to this area laugh

Well my daughter and son-in-law live in Sartell, would that help? whistle

Jeremy will need to think on it. He is the mayor up that way.

Auu, you should have named the post the super-secret-unofficial-St Cloud-only-get-together-for-the-guys-that-went-last-time! grin

Someone call for the mayor? What seems to be the problem.. I have a very busy schedule. wink

**Sup Eyeguy** whats new with you dude cool

I'm game for what ever works for everyone else.Yeah this is going to be fun. smile

since i am from SR I am not even sure if i can go. laugh

This was the first thing I thought of when you said shirtless redneck guy who thought it was his spot.

If I'm around town, I'd like to go and meet some of you guys. And I love fishing the Mississippi, one of my favorites.

I might be getting a new boat, so I'll be itching to get out and try it out anyways.

Coleman what kind of jet boat are you buying? Very sketchy stretch of the river for most other boats, unless the water is high and you know the channels below the St. Cloud Dam.

Great pic of eyeguy JP Z, never knew he had brown hair is his much younger days.

60538726.jpg

You aint too far off with the pic grin

That "top secret" spot might be a good place to hold this get together again.

I always seem to misplace my hotspot outdoors secret hotspot map and decoder ring. Now is it the one on the west side where the campus roads and bike paths go within a few feet of it....or is it the east side one where the park's wooden steps land directly on it?

never had a mullet.... never will grinlaughlaugh

I always seem to misplace my hotspot outdoors secret hotspot map and decoder ring. Now is it the one on the west side where the campus roads and bike paths go within a few feet of it....or is it the east side one where the park's wooden steps land directly on it?

East side, but anyone with waders should consider bringing them. If the water gets much lower there are much better fishing opportunities off shore, or atleast to help spread out lines. The sweet spot on that current break there isn't very big.

Might have to go to Jeremy's secret holding pond on 33rd Ave for more room.......

mr royce you should seriously consider that look,....... dude.

When fishing for carp and suckers, I try to have a no wader policy. Then I would have to actually hold the rod, and miss out on half the fun of not paying attention and almost losing it smile Early season topwater bug bite can be awesome on the fly though wink

I see...somehow I missed the south of Lake Itasca(but this could be very vague as well, there's only a few thousand miles of river south of Itasca) and just assumed around the St. Cloud area...sense that's where we're all from. There I go assuming again. smile

Still would be fun to get out early this year. We've had snow and ice still around every time I come home from work the past couple years. Looking like a early spring....which I'm a ok with.

I love eyeguys long curly manly looking hair

thx tommy !! gringrin

I love eyeguys long curly manly looking hair

Funny where these quotes come from here on HSO/FM, but not mine at all,,, dude.

Btw, your hair is far from manly Lmao!

eyeguy has a super soft man mane going on....love it!!!! grin

super soft mange maybe, but no intensions of finding out.........

"my guy, talkin' bout....... my........ guy, my guy" LOL!!!!