Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Johnson

UPL Ice Fishing Seminar on February 25

Matt Johnson    97
Matt Johnson

UPL sponsor, Thorne Bros, has been gracious enough to open up their stage on February 25 to talk ice fishing with everyone. So, several UPL anglers will be at Thorne Bros at 6:30pm on Wednesday, February 25 to share ice fishing stories and secrets.

A few of the anglers you can expect to see...

Lawrence Luoma (two-time UPL league champion and current season points leader)

Shawn Lankki

Alex McStott

Mike Ferrell

Alie Witthans

Ryan Felegy

Plus others!

This is a free seminar to attend and come with questions! All of the anglers frequent the Twin City area lakes, as well as other lakes across the region, and will be ready to equip you with new ideas and tips!

Thorne Bros is located in Blaine, MN right off of Hwy 65 (Central Ave) a few blocks away from the National Sports Center. Address is 10091 Central Ave, Blaine, MN 55434.

See everyone on Feb 25!

crappie todd    23
crappie todd

I took advantage of your vidio On core presentation. Love it Im able to see what I would have missed. All good information even for a old guy like me.

What I noticed 1st and I think is so cool is the fact a women is included in the UPL. Which gave thought to the future that perhaps there will eventually be a women VS Men tourny for some internal friendly competition.

I havent been out much this winter. Used to be Id ice fishn from 1st ice to pushing the boat thru rotten ice at ice out. I was hoping there would have been more information on the local lakes. Peltier. ? is as dead Ive encounterd.?

Medicine lake is where I lived as a baby..... Dad would tie the cane poles to the 59 Chevy and we'd head to rent a boat. Caught alot of weeds in those days. Which brings up the interesting issue of fishing the weeds, inside out side....15 feet out to 17 feet, during the winter. Here I am a basin fisherman. Im mostly a crappie guy but will chase the gills if the lake has size. 8 inches seems reasonable. All Id seen on the Medicine lake post were smaller crappies and not alot of mention of gills. You all proved differently with the fish size.

If I have apoint to make, its you guys and gals are pretty good at what you do.Must be alot of fun. Its interesting to note the areas of sectretive notation that you divulge that mabey makes one team outfish the other under especially tough conditions. I agree the accuracy using a gram scale to be sure the weight difference vs length difference is a winners edge being its all about weight.

When I hit a lake again, Ill be bit of a better fisherman for watching your vidio.

Good Job. Gals Vs Guys tourney in the future. ?

Kyle From    0
Kyle From

Where can i find the video of this seminar?

Thanks!

Lawrence Luoma    0
Lawrence Luoma

monstermoose78    1,352
monstermoose78

Congrats on 2nd Place Lawrence!! Thanks for putting up the link!!