• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

From my experience nothing normally means a good bite. Everyone will tell you when the bite is bad.

From my experience nothing normally means a good bite. Everyone will tell you when the bite is bad.

Moose has it figured out.

• 5 months later...

Anyone been on Pokegama recently. Planning a weekend RV camping trip this coming weekend. I usually target Walleye, Crappie or Bluegills. I have not been there in late summer, how is the clarity, algae and any technique suited for late summer on Pokegama.

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the past weekend on Pokegama RV camping/fishing. 3 days got grand total of 2 small perch. Did Weed lines, shallow, deep, humps, valleys, around island with Lindies with crawlers, leaches and minnows, many artificial, plastics and a bit of bobber. Marked an occasional fish and maybe two bait school. Fished change of light as was very sunny, hot and humid Fri & Sat. Surface temp at 80.6 until Sunday am rain which cooled surface to 76.4. Targeted all types of fish.

Went a couple miles on the Snake looking for Crappies, none to be had. Warm temps caused significant algae bloom lots of green water. Seemed like all fish decided to leave the lake for the weekend.

Thinking weather wise it was the wrong weekend to go fishing, but we gave it a gallant try.

Did enjoy the 5 Eagles fishing, training young how to fight in flight and attacking hawks on the Island at the north side of the lake.

Hit Cross yesterday in the driving rain,trolling a #4salmo crayfish color produced walleyes,crappies,bass and of course sheepshead.The fish were hungry as I missed quite a few strikes and lost some fish.The conditions being less then ideal made it tough fishing but I had fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...