• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The 15th Annual Trout Day is set for May 2nd, 2015 Forestville Mystery Cave State Park(see parks event schedule).

This warm up got me thinking about Spring!

Great opportunity to attend a free event, enjoy the outdoors, learn a few things about streams and torut fishing, hear a great story teller, get some fishing in, hve a picnic and come away with a nice door prize!

More details to come! Hope to see more new faces this year!

Questions??? Ask away!!!

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

We are very pleased to announce the following additions to this years event.

Steve Chihak, local Conservation Officer will be in attendance to share and be available for Q and A. What a great opportunity to meet some one who is there to protect us and our natural resources. An often misunderstood and vital resource.

Bob Bickford from St.Croix Valley Adventures will be in attendance to share his knowledge and passion with attendees.

The National Trout Center(NTC) from Preston, MN will have a representative in attendance to provide awareness and educational assistance as well as information regarding the center.

We are also pleased to announce a new sponsor this year, Limit Creek Fishing Rod Company. Costs and donations to make an event are't easy to come by and they are glad to be of assistance this year.

Detailed agenda and more updates to come!

If any questions please don't hesitate. If you plan on attending please take a moment to find another who might benefit/enjoy an event like this. The future of this event relies on a good turn out for specal permits securing donations and cost related issues.

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

• 1 month later...

Hi Jim - Planning on attending my first Trout Day. What is the admission fee to the state park? Do many attendees spend the night camping? What time do things get started?

PISCATOR,

Good to hear, where you coming from? Some camp, some drive down for the day. There are 5 brand new Camper cabins at the park. I know three of them are rented already. If camping, I'd get on reserving asap.

Unless the DNR has raised it I believe park pass is $5.00. Trout Day is free.

The Tentative agenda is as follows and please be prompt for times.

8:30AM Registration

Coffee Rolls Juice

9:00AM Introductions (New Guests have to come see)

9:15AM Streams 101 DNR's Steve Klotz

9:45-10:00AM

Fly fishing and spin fishing streams 101

Bob Johnston

10:30-10:45AM Open time

Fly tying demo, Trout fishing, Q and A with experts, fly casting/fishing

Spin fishing assistance, hiking, relaxing with family.

12:00PM Weiner Roast(limited supply of bottled water offered)

12:30PM Entertainment: Al Batt; Humorist, story teller, author and Senior Ornithologist.

1:30PM Lanesboro Fisheries office Vaughn Snook Electro-fishing demonstration, status of the fishery with Q and A.

2:30 ish Door Prizes and closing.

Door Prizes donated by Limit Creek Fishing Rod Company

The DNR has granted the 15th Annual Trout Day with a fishing waiver, allowing all REGISTERED adult attendees to fish with in the park with out a fishing license and trout stamp.

Want to help in any way or have more questions you can call Jim @ 507-261-9816

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

• 4 weeks later...

Next Saturday folks. If the forecast holds true we could have the warmest weather during a Trout Day in 15 years!!

Keep the rods bendin'!!

Jim W

HI JIM - Thank you for a great time today at the 15th Annual trout day. I greatly enjoyed all the speakers and meeting the many fellow anglers who were there. The electrofishing was of course fun and interesting. I stopped in at Hooked On Fishing in Rochester on my way home and cashed in my winnings; picked up some Rapala's and jigs for use in my home waters. Please pass on my thanks to all the sponsors and contributors - and especially your wife - for making this happen.

This is truly a great event for all who attend, especially the kids. Your effort and generosity are appreciated. I look forward to the day when I have my very own Limit Creek fly rod in hand with a tight line. (For now, I would be happy with waders that do not leak!) Thanks again. Already looking forward to next year - I will bring a friend.