Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
cbrunick57

questions about tight lining

cbrunick57

Having a hard time finding any good articles pertaining to it, figured this would be my best resource. I understand the bare basics of tight lining, using the line as your bite indicator. Anyone care to elaborate more on the subject. What type of rod yor prefer, is hi vis mono your best bet? Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to expand my knowledge a bit.

clayton08

Dont consider myself an expert tightliner but I use the ht ice blue rods. Some people cut the ends off one of mine broke off after lawrence told me to cut it off. Needless to say that is one of my favorite schooley rods. I do have a couple other rods that arent ht and they work good also. HiVis is a must I would say cause it makes it easier to watch the line. Just bring that rod with and no others by the end of the day you will have tought yourself how you tightline.

Lawrence Luoma

Check out this video!! About half way through the video the Godfather of tightlining Dave Young shows you how it's done. Even shows in slow motion a bite. Just make sure have the most updated quicktime to watch.

http://www.davegenz.com/Dave_Genz.com/Vi...ampionship.html

Lawrence Luoma

As for rods a lot of us are using HT Ice Blue 24" rods. Trick is to cut off the orange tip and replace tip with a #3 fly rod tip. The reason is that you want a stiff rod to control the jig but a fiberglass to work better with a Schooley Reel. Keep and eye out as I'm working with Tuned Up Custom Rods on creating an ultimate tightlining rod with them with high end fiberglass, cork handle and recoil guides. It has been rocking so far this year. As for line we are using Stren Hi-Vis 2lb or 4lb line. You want to make sure you use a mono as it floats. Hopefully the above video shows you a lot but remember that you're watching the line under the water.