• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shah-Bush-Kung Bay crack?

Meilertson

Has anyone been able to drive a truck past the crack running from Shermans point to Indian point? On Saturday it was 2-4 feet high.

Was there yesterday hoping to get out to Shermans but not a chance, I followed it all the way to shermans point and almost to Indian point that thing is nasty.

Yea that's what I figured. Around Christmas you could navigate around it but as of late she's a doozy. Thanks for the update

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I really miss the old Roll-in lodge that use to be there and their road you could count on. I have gone out there a few times since but almost lost it one night coming back in the dark by myself and their was now a double crack where I went out that i did not know about. I crossed the first one and found my sled and porty tipping back on a burg, I hit the gas at the right time and popped over the other crack. eek Haven't been back over in that area for a while now.

Cliff Rowland at Roll Inn and Harry and Rose Simmons at Vineland were two of the best operators on that side back in the day. Spent hours talking with Rose summer and winter, she was one of the nicest people I ever encountered......thanks for the meomories

Great folks at Roll-In. They saved my and others lives one night when I big blizzard hit with in minutes. White-out and temps dropping fast! I don't even know how the plow guy found us, but he lined us all up behind him and got us all off! I didn't smoke but I clearly remember asking someone for a cig when we all got off the lake that night. I was so wired up! eek

Great folks at Roll-In.

Hey Leech,

I would love to hear more about the old Roll-In Lodge. It was my first launch trip when I was about 14. I went up with my neighbor Cliff. I remember good breakfast food and some good fishing. What did it evolve into? Another business? Or lake cabins? I also remember the old Easy 7 Resort. My dad and his buds always went out of Fisher's on the NE side and ever since I've been on the east side. And I'm OLD and still catching 'em!

Hey Leech,

I would love to hear more about the old Roll-In Lodge. It was my first launch trip when I was about 14. I went up with my neighbor Cliff. I remember good breakfast food and some good fishing. What did it evolve into? Another business? Or lake cabins? I also remember the old Easy 7 Resort. My dad and his buds always went out of Fisher's on the NE side and ever since I've been on the east side. And I'm OLD and still catching 'em!

The last I heard it turned into an Indian day care? I think the bought them out. There are so many cool little mom and pop resorts gone now where you could get great food and a bump. Kind of sad "progress" Look what they did to the Bluegoose! frown

my uncle used to own a cabin next door and I remember heggies pizza started there donney heggie was his brother in law had a lot of good times there used to go deliver pizzas to resorts with donney he had a few drinks at the resorts and I got fish it was a blast for a teenager them were the days and your right I think the Indians took over all that side

Bluegoose? I kind of enjoy having a glass of wine with my burger!

Ya, well now it's like BlueGoose-Broadway Pizza or some thing. whistle

the goose was a fun place for a few beers and chase a few skirts but from what I'm told even the old old one never made money

Yep, it's the Goose/Broadway Pizza/Burger King.

Weird, but kind of nice to get a Whopper and a bump. The wife and I stopped there last summer and she got her burger, fries and a glass of wine. Upper crust BK. Next thing you know, NYC will jump on this thing.

Yep, it's the Goose/Broadway Pizza/Burger King.

Weird, but kind of nice to get a Whopper and a bump. The wife and I stopped there last summer and she got her burger, fries and a glass of wine. Upper crust BK. Next thing you know, NYC will jump on this thing.

Ha, the one stop shop. Dad can still go in the Goose and have a few and still eye ball the tenders, while Mom and the kids get pizza or burgers! This has got to hurt the old BlueGoose crowd. frown

Maybe BJ's will get a Subway someday! laugh

I think you can order burgers and pizza in the bar, or sit on the other side with the fireplace

When we were up there We tried to order something but after 20 minutes of no service we left! We were hungry and up the road!