• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ice reports 2014-2015 winter

So has any lake iced over?

I saw some small west metro lakes iced over but not safe to walk on

Report the conditions please

Thanks

I drove by Silver Lake on Wed. She was locked up. Drove by Eagle Lake in Norwood yesterday and she was locked up too. To bad they both have severe winterkill.

Any reports on if any of the bigger lakes such as Washington, Stella, Belle have completely frozen over yet? Hopig we won't get very much snow till there is safe ice.

Yesterday Washington froze over but not safe ice, yesterday Stella was wide open, same with manuella

Anyone get out this weekend? Wondering what the ice conditions are like in the area. Wanna get out next weekend for the first time, hoping this weather didn't ruin all the ice...

I was out Friday and Saturday. Friday we fished a smaller lake and there was 7 1/2". Saturday we fished a larger lake that had 5". Good ice but still need to be careful. I know that rain and wind didn't help on Sunday (the reason why I didn't go out).

Is there a massive amount of people flocking to high island again this year or did last winter freeze it out completely?

High Island froze out last winter, maybe a few escaped. It was stocked again this past spring and I am sure there are people out there catching 8-10 inch walleyes and hopefully not keeping them.

This lake could be pretty good if they can survive any freeze out this winter and make it one more season to grow.

I have heard there are some out there and also heard people taking limits of very small fish. One can go elsewhere and get gills and slabs as big as those walleyes in HI.

NEANGLER,

Last weekend I had 7-9 inches in every hole I punched.The water was draining into the cracks and some of those cracks had holes in them big enough to pull a fish out of.

workin'

Thanks, looks like I will try it when we get back from Xmas w the family. That warm up really hurt the ice all over.

What has been the average of ice thickness in the area, not looking for specific lakes, just what you guys have been seeing

Thanks

10" or so. I've seen three trucks on lakes with only 10" of ice. I will walk. I'm not risking dropping my $40k truck through the bottom of the lake. And... I'm not that lazy.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there are any springs on Collinwood? Never driven on that lake before and thinking about driving out this weekend for some panfish. Just wanna be safe. Thanks!

Yes, there are(i've been told anyway)...a truck went through in the middle of January a couple years ago if my memory serves me correct.

• 2 weeks later...