• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Best Ice Fishing Trip

Dozer

Where was the best Ice Fishing trip youve ever been on? Im looking to make a once in a lifetime walleye/crappie trip this winter. Im open to whatever wherever. I can bring my wheelhouse or go fully guided.

Im looking for something I will talk about for the rest of my life!

Lets hear some stories.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I never been there but have heard the Canada side of LOW is good for eye's, crappies and maybe throw in some Lakers? wink

Ive heard if you could go to devils lake, good perch and walleye action. You can go to www.edbaitshop.com and get gear, bait and reports. Some people i know just book a room in a hotel for a few nights, go to the bait shop, then go out on the lake!! Just a suggestion!!

We went to Devils lake last year, I wasnt impressed. I have heard alot of good things about the Canadian side of LOTW.

I know it sounds cliche, but the group you are with, whether they are family or friends will usually make the most memorable trips. My buddies from high school/college and I are planning our 4th annual trip. The past 3 years were Red, Mille Lacs, and Waubay. We slammed the walleyes on each trip, but very few of the fish are involved in the "remember when..." stories.

I think if you are looking to catch fish that you will remember forever I would consider Lake Winnipeg/Red River.

Vic & Dots. Whitefish Bay, LOW Ask for Rob Tolen Crappies Walleyes Perch and Lake trout. Sometimes all in the same day. WFT

I'm with MattL on this one. Life is all about the stories. The time my friend sat in the outhouse on RED LAKE for an hour. When I asked why he was gone so long he replied "I was just waiting for the Sunday paper" and " never did get that coffee I ordered". That's what makes a trip memorable for me.

Lake of the Woods. Fished it for the 1st time in 2011, been back every march since! It's the only fishing trip all year I specifically target walleye. But am happier when I catch tullibee! Trophy potential for several species is a plus also.